Thread: Wonder how long the thought police will allow this how to to stand.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Wonder how long the thought police will allow this how to to stand.

DISCLAIMER!!! I'm not encouraging anyone to do what this video depicts! Make no mistake this is now HIGHLY illegal, and if caught with a firearm modified in this fashion not registered with the NFA prior to April, 1986 you WILL be bubbas bitch in a federal penitentiary!
    Now that this is out of the way, here's the skinny on this video: 2 ways to convert a semiautomatic AR15 into a machine gun. The first method is just a drop in auto sear. The second... How to fully convert an AR15 into an M16. A true select fire semiautomatic- automatic M16.

I'm kind of amazed this video is still up. While the video itself has some outdated legal info warning you that this is illegal without proper licensing, it shows every detail about the process and just how to do it. I wonder just how long this video will stay up before it's flagged and youtube takes it down. Probably once some ass hole actually decides he's dumb enough to do it, gets caught, and cites his source. I'm only posting it because it's interesting and thought some here like myself who didn't previously know might find it as a good resource detailing the exact differences between an AR15 and an M16. I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if AR manufacturers haven't added some additional safe guards to keep this exact process from working.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

The video opens with a disclaimer that the guy is a class 2 manufacturer.

This looks like it was taken from a 1980's VHS tape. This was probably filmed prior to May 1986, when civilians could have semi-autos legally converted to select-fire.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Knowing how to do it, is not illegal....
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

maybe one day. wow is all I can say.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Someone once posted about an add-on to Foxfire that would allow you to save videos. Does anyone recall what that add-on is, and where to get it?
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if AR manufacturers haven't added some additional safe guards to keep this exact process from working.
    I know Colt did. They made the axis pins for all the sear parts a different size so none of the parts from an M16 lower would be able to fit into an AR15 lower without intense modification to the receiver that would more than likely destroy it in the process.

Effectively eliminates the possibility of just getting(stealing,borrowing,begging,buying,fucking, etc) the sears from a 16 and just sticking them in there easily.
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Someone once posted about an add-on to Foxfire that would allow you to save videos. Does anyone recall what that add-on is, and where to get it?
    Get an add-on called "download helper". You'll be able to download all the videos you want.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Colt used to do that, but stopped from what I understand.

The other brands don't do anything like that. Some. like PSA, even include M16 parts in their builds. Its totally legal as long as you don't drill the third hole or add an auto-sear.

Knew this yrs ago and guess who taught me in 1970 U.S. Army 45B40, thank you. Actually anybody who has spent time in Army or Marine Ord know this procedure, in other words thousands of ex GIs Basic field strip actually but the Ars today would have to be milled and machined somewhat in the rear i believe, easy for a machinist. Don't get caught changing out that selector without proper paper work, 10 yrs at least I am amazed this vid is out there to be sure., today's military M-16 shoot only a 3 rd burst. Man was the old 'rock and roll" we used, called full auto on active duty. This all being said my first love at the time was the M-60, made this weapon feel like a popgun toy.
    Last edited by rshaneck2002; 12-22-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    After watching the demonstration of the rifle as it was designed, it really is a shame that the right to keep and bear arms has been infringed.

That's a fact, 20 yrs old and i was good enough to carry one for uncle sugar, today prison time without proper license, the cost is too high for me.