Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger 10/22 variations

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    It is amazing the things you can do to and with a 10/22.

Eventually when I get around to turning my garage into another sawdust pile I have this crazy idea for an AKM style stock set for a 10/22.

I've decided to convert a couple of my plain ones that don't get shot into a P90/22, maybe a HK G36/22 and maybe even a 1927 Thompson 22 with the 100 round magpul(?)drum
    Last edited by kimberkid; 10-07-2016 at 09:37 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    They recently released a take down 10/22 and a few years ago a Charger. Basically a 10/22 pistol. There is endless aftermarket.
    I have a Charger and have never fired it yet. I have a red dot scope on it and am not crazy about it.

Before I get around to shooting it, I'm going to change out that faggish looking stock and find a better scope for it.

The one thing I hate about the whole set up is that it doesn't come with factory installed iron sights. I wish they had an iron sighted version available when I bought mine.

I refuse to buy any new gun that doesn't have iron sights, or an easy way to install them.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I bought a 10-22 TD stainless tactical ... it took forever to find one with a black stock but I finally did ... but then decided to put it into a Butler Creek folder so the factory stock really didn't matter that much ... then they came out with the Charger and of course I wanted one to match ... I didn't care for the funky green stock either ... but then they introduced the black plastic stock but I couldn't find one in stainless ... so I ended up getting a stainless tactical TD with the funky green stock and a black stock with the black action and swapped the stocks and sold the green stock with black action for about what I paid for the stainless gun

I thought I'd SBR it but then they did away with the NFA trust option and I doubt I'll ever get around to it now but I do enjoy shooting them both, but if I ever do the SBR, it makes a very short package. IIRC I could put the pistol barrel, action with the stock folded and suppressor all into a 16" bag along with a couple mags.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Kimberkid, where did you find your Charger stock? I am tempted to get one of those.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I regained a lot of interest in rimfire since finding CCI mini-mags in stock at my walmart for the first time in four years.

I'm interested in three 10/22 models: a stainless take down with threaded muzzle, a bull barrel take down model also threaded, and the "lite" version with aluminum barrel with stainless inner sleeve.

Also, I have a scoped 22/45 target (MK2), but am very interested in the new MARK 4 pistol, expecially the "hunter" model.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I picked both of mine up at a local gun show ... but they're available on GunBroker too (http://www.gunbroker.com/item/587739052) but I still haven't seen a stainless take down Charger with the polymer stock which is why I had to buy two and switch the stocks to get the combination I wanted ...

I had a 22 mkII bull barrel for years and I had bought a tactical/threaded barrel for it but after switching it 1 time I bought a receiver & bolt for it all together I cost me about the same as buying one, but I didn't get the box and paperwork ... later I put the MK II on a table at a local show at a price I didn't think anyone would pay ... I was wrong.

Soon after a while I replaced it with a MKIII Hunter ... and added the nicer grips a couple months after that, I'd had these SiG red-dots laying around and they work well on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12