Thread: Sighting a Yugo AK

Sighting a Yugo AK

I recently purchased a Yugo AK AB2 with collapsing stock. To zero in the sight at 25 yards, I had to move the front post all the way to the left. At 50 yards, I still have rounds hitting target to the left, but have no further movement in the post. What to do?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

Usually the Yugo is one of the better rifles but they are all built by humans so some, like yours could have a problem.

Check to see if the front sight base itself is square with the receiver. Some are installed crooked, or canted and could cause a problem you are seeing.

Check the rear sight leaf to make sure it isn't bent which would cause sighting issues.

The last thing is to check the barrel to make sure it is lined up with the receiver. Although rare due to the set up of the AK style rifle, a barrel that is not in straight is possible.

One band-aid way around this would be to get an adjustable rear sight leaf which would allow further range of adjustment.

If you purchased the rifle new, you might contact the manufacturer and see what the warrantee covers. They might have you send it back for repair.