Thread: hello new in here

hello new in here

just got a MAK90 and would like to know more about it..main question is I hear when these came in they were all outfitted with the thumbhole stock as you can see this one doesnt....was it refiitted with this config or could it have been overlooked thanks for help

bought this and some good info out there but cant quite figure when it was made/imported.....i know some were changed to say sporter and some the import year was part of the serial number..this is neither. or is it?...i think you can see receiver pretty well but right in front of the mag well is a faintly engraved ,,IAC Bellerica, MA ALSO in addition to what is on receiver.....all matching numbers..also I do know its stamped receiver.......thanks

this site has info but a couple of things dont pertain to mine...mine also has cleaning rod and is that still the lug still on it .....do you think this is original config.... and not converted from sporter back to this..thanks for help
    http://www.mouseguns.com/mak90web/mak90.htm[/QUOTE]

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Nice rifle! Looks like an early MAK conversion. I'd bet you have intact threads under the tack welded round muzzle nut. The rear bayo lug looks intact; the front looks ground. Someone replaced the thumbhole with a correct stock

I'd try to find an intact front sight block, then cafefully remove the muzzle nut. Drive out the front sight retaining pins and tap off the front site block. Tap on the new one and put pins back in. If the front sight is canted, you can correct this too by repositioning and drilling holes for over sized pins.

Or just shoot it like it is and enjoy a very nice rifle, likely with a great trigger pull for an AK....
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Very nice rifle!
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Nice looking rifle and welcome to the site! Hope to see more posts from you.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Welcome to this forum. Nice rifle and I think it is a hoot that L.A is stamped on it.
    I think I would be real careful and take that weld off to get to the threads, under the nut, and put a slant break on it
    American made of course!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Nice catch and Welcome Aboard!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

The bush-hole stock was original and replaced by a previous owner with the current stock and pistol grip. The intact front sight and just the bayo lug ground off indicate it as an early "caught in port" rifle. Would also guess that there are threads under that muzzle thing.

Nice rifle!!!