Thread: Interesting Poly Tech double folder on Gunbroker

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.

Interesting Poly Tech double folder on Gunbroker

Nice looking rifle, and as a long time Chinese collector I like seeing them sell for crazy prices, but there is something potentially wrong with this rifle unless the old rule that with the Chinese AK variants there were no rules.

The "PF" part of the serial number doesn't seem to be correct. The "F" is correct as it stands for underFolding stock, but the "P" usually signified the 416 factory. "C" would signify the 386 factory. To my eyes the letters appear to be a different stamping than the numbers.

HUH?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=397345294

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

That's one sweet looking AK. It's too bad Chinese firearms have been banned from import. I prefer those over any AK imported from another country.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 02/2013 s15v8's Avatar

The 386 stamp doesn't look as clean either, but I might be too picky and doesn't Keng's import marks are usually on the side of the receiver instead of underneath on the magazine well aknut?
    Last edited by s15v8; 03-09-2014 at 11:33 AM.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The import marks are correct. Keng marked their rifles on the bottom as well as the side of the receiver. The under receiver import marks were as shown in the sold rifle, readable if you stand the rifle on it's stock, as well as marked sideways. Again, with the Keng rifles as well as all Chinese, there were no rules to that, but usually the letters in the serial number were very specific.

I like the Poly Technologies stamp on this rifle, with the very fancy Poly and well marked Technologies. They were also marked with the fancy Poly but Tech instead of the full name, and I have also seen Poly Tech Inc. in very small letters on the left rear of the receiver.