Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cop Tells Gun Owner “I Cannot Wait to Get the Order to Kick Your Door In”

Peacemaker certainly hit some of it, but the basic fact is that lots of people around the world think civilization would be better off without private gun ownership.

And it's difficult to blame those people for that point of view, especially if they've lost a loved one.

I'm for private gun ownership, but lets be honest...it really hasn't done much to preserve our rights. Freedom of speech and the ability to petition the government, particularly the courts has done way more.

The Jews of Germany didn't die because their guns were taken away, they were killed because the German people were willing to overlook the humanity of the Jews, and not see them as people who should have civil rights. Their voices were lost, because they fell on uncaring ears.

It was a lack of respect for "freedom of religion"....coincidentally, the same lack of respect for it many here have whenever Muslims are brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    I am going to try and explain this with my limited Talmudic knowledge here. In the Talmud it teaches...in Sanhedrin 37A "FOR THIS REASON WAS MAN CREATED ALONE, TO TEACH THEE THAT WHOSOEVER DESTROYS A SINGLE SOUL... SCRIPTURE IMPUTES [GUILT] TO HIM AS THOUGH HE HAD DESTROYED A COMPLETE WORLD; AND WHOSOEVER PRESERVES A SINGLE SOUL..., SCRIPTURE ASCRIBES [MERIT] TO HIM AS THOUGH HE HAD PRESERVED A COMPLETE WORLD."
    God did not give animals claws and fangs, strength and venom, God did not give humans the brains to build weapons, with the intent of having them stand idly by and be slaughtered.

Self defense and even more so, defense of offspring is a universal concept.

I don't care who's scripture says what. It CANNOT be according to God's will that a person stand by and let himself and his family be herded into the cattle car.

The instinct for self preservation and the instinct to protect children would not exist if what you say is true.

Pacifists... climb into the cattle cars if you wish. But leave me and my weapons alone.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    (1) Peacemaker certainly hit some of it, but the basic fact is that lots of people around the world think civilization would be better off without private gun ownership.

(2) And it's difficult to blame those people for that point of view, especially if they've lost a loved one.

(3) I'm for private gun ownership, but lets be honest...it really hasn't done much to preserve our rights. Freedom of speech and the ability to petition the government, particularly the courts has done way more.

(4) The Jews of Germany didn't die because their guns were taken away, they were killed because the German people were willing to overlook the humanity of the Jews, and not see them as people who should have civil rights. Their voices were lost, because they fell on uncaring ears.

(5) It was a lack of respect for "freedom of religion"....coincidentally, the same lack of respect for it many here have whenever Muslims are brought up.
    (1) They are free to think whatever they wish. And I'm free to disagree with them.

(2) If someone dies by being hit by a drunk driver, do you hate the car company, or do you hate the drunk that drove the car?

(3) Private gun ownership and the guts to use them is how our Country was formed!

(4) The Jews died because they had no means to fight back against the Germans. You can coat it all you want with talk of "humanity" and "lost voices", but the bottom line is the Germans had the guns and the Jews didn't and the Jews died.

(5) I do not consider islam a "religion". It's a deranged cult of donkey humping freaks who degrade women and murder their children in the name of "honor". If islam were a religion, it would be due the freedom that religion deserves. As it is, islam needs to be eradicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    God did not give animals claws and fangs, strength and venom, God did not give humans the brains to build weapons, with the intent of having them stand idly by and be slaughtered.

I don't care who's scripture says what. It CANNOT be according to God's will that a person stand by and let himself and his family be herded into the cattle car.

The instinct for self preservation and the instinct to protect children would not exist if what you say is true.

Pacifists... climb into the cattle cars if you wish. But leave me and my weapons alone.
    They didn't climb into cattle cars because they were pacifists, they climbed in because they wanted to live.

Fighting is only one means of self preservation, there are others.

2. You hate drunk drivers, much like I do. You realize that if there wasn't alcohol, then drunk driving would be a whole lot tougher.

Yes ultimately the problem is people's behavior, but it's disingenuous to say the availability of alcohol, or guns, doesn't add to the problem

4. Even if the Jews had had the guns, they didn't have the numbers. The only likely difference would have been fewer Jews would have survived.

5. Let him without sin cast the first stone...honestly you could have just described the IRA...if you switch sheep for camels.

Or better yet, our founding fathers...women didn't get rights, perfectly legal to beat them, or otherwise mistreat them, before and after the Constitution. How old did one have to be to fight in the Revolutionary war...14? 15? Both sides used drummer boys on the front lines...they would have been what 10 to 12 maybe.

was_peacemaker
    Psalms 8:5-8:
    " 5: Yet you have made them a little lower than God,[b]
    and crowned them with glory and honor.
    6: You have given them dominion over the works of your hands;
    you have put all things under their feet,
    7: all sheep and oxen,
    and also the beasts of the field,
    8: the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea,
    whatever passes along the paths of the seas.

People are above animals. Most of those things you listed that animals have are for attaining food first, defense second. Be careful because that could be flipped in favor of the Fudd's.

The Torah and the Talmud both teach the right to protect one's family. The Torah in the story of Abraham saving his nephew Lot, and in the Talmud here “If one sees that someone is pursuing him with the intention to kill him, he is permitted to defend himself and take the life of he who is pursuing him” (Choshen Mishpat 125:1

I am not saying they (all Jews view it as I pointed it out) don't believe in self defense, nor did I imply any Jew didn't believe in self defense, or that they don't believe in the protection of offspring.

What I am implying is that many; may not embrace as strong a perspective of the the 2nd as you, Kadmos, or myself. Which is in accordance to their beliefs, and how they interpret those passages.

On one angle self-defense is allowed, and on the second angle...one should work to preserve life and not destroy it. So in the Jewish mind, putting in time and effort in medicine, education, or in charitable practices has precedence over weapons collecting or weapons proficiency. That is because things in the former are more productive to bring about the Olam Ha-Ba (the world to come), than the latter. So self defense is a last resort in all cases.
    Last edited by was_peacemaker; 03-10-2014 at 12:30 AM.

(1) They didn't climb into cattle cars because they were pacifists, they climbed in because they wanted to live. Fighting is only one means of self preservation, there are others.

2. You hate drunk drivers, much like I do. You realize that if there wasn't alcohol, then drunk driving would be a whole lot tougher.

Yes ultimately the problem is people's behavior, but it's disingenuous to say the availability of alcohol, or guns, doesn't add to the problem

4. Even if the Jews had had the guns, they didn't have the numbers. The only likely difference would have been fewer Jews would have survived.

5. Let him without sin cast the first stone...honestly you could have just described the IRA...if you switch sheep for camels.

Or better yet, our founding fathers...women didn't get rights, perfectly legal to beat them, or otherwise mistreat them, before and after the Constitution. How old did one have to be to fight in the Revolutionary war...14? 15? Both sides used drummer boys on the front lines...they would have been what 10 to 12 maybe.
    (1) That scheme didn't work out all that well, did it?

(2) I'm not talking about drunk drivers or alcohol. My point (and you know damn well what my point was) is that you cannot blame the inanimate tool for the actions of it's user. And, to add on to the foolishness of #2, if we did away with cars there would be a lot less deaths, right? In fact, it would save MANY MANY more lives than getting rid of all guns.

(3) Where did #3 go?

(4) Tell that to the brave people of the Warsaw ghetto uprising. Maybe they died, but they died as brave men, not as pacifist sheep.

(5) Don't know much about the IRA, but if they do sheep and beat their families, then they need to be exterminated as well.

As far as "casting the first stone", I'm a Christian. Not a very good one, but a Christian nonetheless. I try to be a decent person. I honor and respect my wife and family. I take care of them. I don't cheat. I don't beat my daughter for the sake of "honor". I don't hump goats. I have every right to "cast the first stone" when it comes to muslim scum.

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    The Torah and the Talmud both teach the right to protect one's family. ........ So self defense is a last resort in all cases.
    Not being Jewish, what those documents say is of little interest to me.

But I agree, I have the right to protect my family... and I agree that violence and/or deadly force must be the LAST resort - regardless of what any local laws may say.

I have no desire to hurt, shoot or kill anyone. I pray to God that I never have to. Lots of non-gun people think gun owners are "itching" for a conflict so that they can get the chance to "pop" someone.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I don't want to hurt anyone, but if I have to, I will kill to protect my family. And it will be a last resort act. And it will be their fault for pushing it to that point.

Whether an area has a "stand your ground" law which allows me to shoot for the slightest reason, or whether guns are 100% prohibited, nothing is different for me.

If I have no other choice, I'm pulling the trigger. If I can avoid it, I will.

Remember the guy who broke into my house to steal the copper pipes? I had no reason to shoot him. I was not physically threatened. My family was in no danger (they weren't home at the time). Whether the LAW allowed me to shoot or not, MORALITY did not allow me to shoot... so I didn't.

"The Jews of Germany didn't die because their guns were taken away, they were killed because the German people were willing to overlook the humanity of the Jews, and not see them as people who should have civil rights. Their voices were lost, because they fell on uncaring ears."

Decoded output;
    "Since others couldn't or wouldn't defend us, we wouldn't think of liftng a finger to defend ourselves or our families."
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 03-10-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Kadmos, you sound just like Chuckie Schumer saying you support the 2nd amendment.

was_peacemaker
    Not being Jewish, what those documents say is of little interest to me.
    I don't know what your personal beliefs are but the Torah is also important to Christians as it was quoted by Jesus and is also the first five books of the Bible. But at the same time I was not implying that they had to be important to you, but in this thread there were questions brought up about the Jewish attitudes towards firearms.

But I agree, I have the right to protect my family... and I agree that violence and/or deadly force must be the LAST resort - regardless of what any local laws may say.

I have no desire to hurt, shoot or kill anyone. I pray to God that I never have to. Lots of non-gun people think gun owners are "itching" for a conflict so that they can get the chance to "pop" someone.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
    I am with you...I do not ever want to be in that situation. A lot of non-gun folks are so spoon fed by the media its like they are brain-washed and at times can be difficult to understand. I for one can not understand why anyone would want to live in this day and age and not at least be armed in the home. I have always failed to understand the anti-logic. Its mind boggling to chat with one...I am sure you have had those experiences.

Remember the guy who broke into my house to steal the copper pipes? I had no reason to shoot him. I was not physically threatened. My family was in no danger (they weren't home at the time). Whether the LAW allowed me to shoot or not, MORALITY did not allow me to shoot... so I didn't.
    And I commend you for not shooting! I had a similar incident back in my mid-20's with what I thought were burglars in my tool shed and it turned out to be some teenagers skipping school and trespassing. I am glad I stopped to identify what was going on first. That is how I was taught. Make sure there is an immediate threat to personal safety first. So I commend you on your good judgement.

They didn't climb into cattle cars because they were pacifists, they climbed in because they wanted to live.
    Most people want to live but some might prefer to be shot rather than climb on the cattle cars.

"Every man always has handy a dozen glib little reasons why he is right not to sacrifice himself.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Kadmos, you sound just like Chuckie Schumer saying you support the 2nd amendment.
    No, no, no he and Chuck Schumer are not even close. Kadmos has a completely different concept of rights and the constitution that Schumer.

(1) That scheme didn't work out all that well, did it?
    For the Jews who lived, it was miserable, but yes it worked. They went on to have long lives, children and grandchildren, and helped found a new nation.

(2) I'm not talking about drunk drivers or alcohol. My point (and you know damn well what my point was) is that you cannot blame the inanimate tool for the actions of it's user. And, to add on to the foolishness of #2, if we did away with cars there would be a lot less deaths, right? In fact, it would save MANY MANY more lives than getting rid of all guns.
    Of course you aren't talking about alcohol, that would mess with your point. Nonetheless that is the aspect of it that society has attempted to minimize, and while drunk drivers still kill people, the numbers have in fact lessened.

Thankfully without the need to ban alcohol. Education, stricter enforcement, raising of the drinking age...we've combated the problem. We don't always "win", but we've certainly made a dent.

(3) Where did #3 go?
    I didn't really think it relevant. But it wasn't private ownership, it was state run armies that defeated the British. Those armies used guns purchased by the state and given to the soldiers, along with training.

(4) Tell that to the brave people of the Warsaw ghetto uprising. Maybe they died, but they died as brave men, not as pacifist sheep.
    13,000 Jews died during the uprising.

German losses....17 dead

50,000 Jews deported to the camps afterwards. Had there been no uprising it would have been 63,000 deported.

Were 13,000 lives lost worth the 17 they took?

The rest of the end result was the same as it would have been either way.

Yes, those roughly 1,000 men who fought got to chose how they would die, yet they took that choice from 12,000 other people as well.

Was it right or wrong? Was it the moral choice or selfishness?

Honestly, I have no idea.

What I am sure, is that Hitler is dead, the Nazis are gone, the Jews remain.

Throughout history you see that same pattern, various states and empires oppress and/or try to destroy the Jews, and those empires fade into history while the Jews remain.

Suffering is part of life, 400 years as slaves in Egypt, the Babylonian captivity, the Roman occupation and destruction of The Temple, the Diaspora, the Pogroms, the Nazis..yet we persevere. No, not just persevere, we thrive.

Not to be rude, but in 100 years you will be dust, in 1,000 years whole empires will have risen and fallen, yet I have little doubt there will still be Jews.

For this alone, you may desire to compare us to cockroaches...the comparison has been made by many before, but they are dust now

(5) Don't know much about the IRA, but if they do sheep and beat their families, then they need to be exterminated as well.

As far as "casting the first stone", I'm a Christian. Not a very good one, but a Christian nonetheless. I try to be a decent person. I honor and respect my wife and family. I take care of them. I don't cheat. I don't beat my daughter for the sake of "honor". I don't hump goats. I have every right to "cast the first stone" when it comes to muslim scum.
    No, you have the right to cast the first stone when it comes to wife and child beaters, and I assume animal fuckers. Plenty of your fellow Christians have been wife and kid beaters (as well as beastialiters). This doesn't mean that Christians are all that way by nature, but...this is the pot calling the kettle black. Most societies have been abusive towards women and children to varying degrees throughout history.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Damn, theres a distinct stench of totalitarian BS in this thread.

I'll leave it up to each individual to identify its source.
    Returns June 3rd.

Well then he is an enemy of the United States of America, engage at will. Constitutionally the law abiding citizen is in the right.
    "I will never fail my comrades"

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    CT Cop Tells Gun Owner “I Cannot Wait to Get the Order to Kick Your Door In”

http://gunsnfreedom.com/video-ct-cop...-your-door-in/

There ARE cops salivating to go door to door taking guns and killing Americans.

Please spread this around to other forums, and your facebook - if you do that.

Yes like anything else there are.

By the same token, there are several within their ranks that can't wait to put a pill in their head for trying to carry out such an order.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

UPDATE: We received a press release from the Branford Police Department earlier, but it had to be cleared. The Press Release reads as follows (Thanks to Captain Geoffrey Morgan). You can download it here.

The Branford Police Department has launched an Internal Investigation into the allegation that an officer, while off duty, made certain comments during a conversation on Facebook that were later posted on the internet.

Chief Kevin Halloran confirmed the allegation and said, “We treat every allegation concerning our agency with the utmost of seriousness. This, like any other allegation will be thoroughly investigated and if any law, departmental rule or regulation has been violated the officer will be held accountable.”

Chief Halloran noted that the officer involved currently is on an extended Workers’ Compensation Leave.

Any inquires can be addresses to:
    Captain Geoffrey Morgan
    Administrative Division / P.I.O.
    Office: 203-315-3914

Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/03/ct...opAwOrttZEH.99
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

John S Cinque

MANY OUT HERE KNOW OF THE SITUATION THAT IS SURROUNDING ME HERE IN CONNECTICUT.
    I HAVE REFRAINED FROM RE POSTING STORIES ABOUT THE SITUATION.
    BUT THE STORY BELOW IS A GREAT SUMMATION OF THE EVENTS ALONG WITH WHAT I FEEL TO BE SOME GREAT COMMENTARY ON THE ISSUES

http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/03/ct...-is-all-about/

From FACEBOOK John S. Cinque
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Irony's a bitch, eh Kad?

Returns June 3rd.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast