Thread: Cetme grip/lower replacement

Cetme grip/lower replacement

Although I love the cetme, I am not crazy that I have to flip the safety upward to fire. I was toying with the idea of replacing the lower with an HK lower but I have a few questions for the experts.

1-Are HK lowers compatible with a cetme?
    2- The only FC groups I can find are the select fire ones, If I put one of these on, will I have just manufactured an unregistered machine gun or will it bypass the full auto setting and be semi only?
    3- Does anyone know of a site I could order a semi only hk lower?

Thanks in advance,
    CP
    P=Plenty

that was the BIG drawback to that design ,iv never known of any conversion myself,which is surprising ,given the # of century guns imported lately

Do a search for "clipped and pinned" HK fcg housings. I had a CETME with a clipped and pinned housing from Randy Kline of Sledgehammer Arms Works and it was great.
    I aim to misbehave...

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. - Mark Twain

I NEED A YUGO GAS TUBE AND LOWER HG FERRULE PLEASE!

"Fair" is a place they give ribbons to pigs

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. - Napoleon Bonaparte

C'thulhu '12! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Putting a FA lower onto a Cetme or a G3/93 MP5 clone etc. etc.

Will not make it full auto whatsoever....even if you had a FA bolt carrier also.

What most SA guys do, is use just the grip frame and selector.

I cannot remember what all is compatible with the Cetme frame and internals compared to a G3 metal frame and internals.

I do remember that the two most common polymer frames are not compatible with some of the internals from a metal frame....and vice-a-versa

If you want a polymer frame, I would get the whole FCG with it. JLD (the maker of the PTR91) used to sell 'em. They also used to sell individual SA parts for guys who wanted a non-neutered look. I don't know if they still do.

It's been a real long time since I played with my Cetme or PTR.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Okay so what I got so far is this:
    -I should be good to use a g3 lower legally, but I don't know for sure if a g3 lower will fit in a cetme. Just so you know, my cetme doesn't have the paddle release or pin hole that g3 navy lowers have, that's why I'm wondering if they would be compatible or if I could slightly modify them to make them fit.?
    P=Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Pain View Post
    Okay so what I got so far is this:
    -I should be good to use a g3 lower legally, but I don't know for sure if a g3 lower will fit in a cetme. Just so you know, my cetme doesn't have the paddle release or pin hole that g3 navy lowers have, that's why I'm wondering if they would be compatible or if I could slightly modify them to make them fit.?

It has nothing to do with the paddle mag realese....and again even if you had a FA FCG with a FA bolt carrier, and you have a true third pin hole receiver....it won't make it FA (there is one thing that I delibertly left out).

Yes a G3 metal frame lower will fit a Cetme, but in doing so, you have to use G3 internals (metal frame).

I had posted a post back in the day about all the differences between Cetme/G3 and the later polymer framed changes....I really wish I could remember shit
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

You didn't say who made your Cetme so it's probably a CAI. They use a u shaped shelf on the back of the mag well to fill the space in the converted trigger box. A g3 lower can be made to work but you must alter the trigger box by removing the sear pin and welding in a shelf. Then you have to do a clip job, or a full clip and pin on the FCG housing to allow it to slip over the top of the mag block on the rifle. Your rifle came from the manufacturer with the correct number of US made components (you need 7 on a Cetme for 922r) and some of those components are inside your trigger box. When you change out the box for a G3 you loose those parts and will have to come up US made G3 parts to get your count back up.
    Lots of good info here in the stickies at the top of the page:
    http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum...splay.php?f=23

If I remember right, if you grind off the BB/ weld spot thats below the S you can push the safety down to F and it will fire only on semi. Then push up to S. Its just another fire position not FA.
    Jeff
    Life Member N.R.A.
    Only the Best Come North

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

any clipped and pined lower should be able to be interchanged between any g3 or cetme as long as its done as an assy. (assuming everything's within specs)

thats should be all you need to know.

Thanks for the replies guys. Right now I'm gonna hold off on this for some other projects I've got cooking. Thanks for that link too.
    P=Plenty