Thread: i am looking for info on the arsenal slr 100 Bulgarian milled receiver

i am looking for info on the arsenal slr 100 Bulgarian milled receiver

i would like to know the history of this rifle ,and why i never see or hear about them verses the 93's 101's and so on.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

From what I remember, the SLR 100 was just imported as a receiver. There were 4 primary companies that built them into rifles. They were built using Hungarian parts on the Bulgarian receiver, and were marked as 100H. There were also an unknown bunch built using Norinco parts. There were also some sold as bare receivers to customer who built them on their own parts "kits".

Hello and welcome! Enjoy.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

MY slr do's not have the h and i have read the h was added later on and stood for Hungarian . how do you tell the origin of the kit that was used,what and where are the markings

I too was led to believe that the H was an add on signifying a build using Hungarian parts, but unfortunately when I stumbled on the SLR100 built with Chinese parts, it too had the H after the 100.

As far as I know, the majority, whether H marked or not used Hungarian parts. Those and the Chinese versions are the only ones I remember.

Since these were USA assembled rifles, the actual manufacturer (assembler) could have marked them anywhere on the receiver. The model name, caliber, and importer on most were on the right rear of the receiver.

Gordon Tech (G-Tech) and Blue Ridge supposedly built the best models. G-Tech builds if not so marked will have a "G" on the right side of the barrel just in front of the trunion. Can't remember off the top of my head who the others were.

the other makers are ohio ordnance,and msc .i do know some about this model,but you cant have to much info.what i wont to know the most is who made mine and what kind of kit was used. or if it was a privet build. there is no g on the barrel at the gas block , the only other marking on the receiver other than the importer is mdo699 there is a small H on the barrel between the gas port and the wood for-end there are other markings and numbers but i cant tell what they are. thank you for your help so far.

Unfortunately it seems that most were not really marked as nicely was we would like. The only markings on mine aside from the SLR-100H and caliber is "Arsenal Bulgaria" and under that "Intrac, Knox, TN". Guessing Arsenal Bulgaria made the receiver and it was imported by Intrac, but there are no other markings that I can easily see or find that tell me who put it together. A mystery that might never be solved.

here is a pic of my SLR100001.jpg

Nice rifle! There is something that just seems special about a milled Kalashnikov.