Thread: Lee Enfield number 5 project

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Lee Enfield number 5 project

I have a barreled receiver and a barrel. The receiver is completely stripped of parts and the flash hider, bayonet lug and sight hood have been ground off the barrel that is on the action. I have a complete barrel that has the original sight hood, bayo lug and flash hider intact. Both bores are similar. Now this is the beginning of a restoral that will take some time as I will be working on it on and off. My first question is, Would it be easier to swap the barrels or swap the attachment on the end that has the bubba modded parts?

here is what I have

Last edited by rci2950; 03-28-2014 at 09:32 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

You're gonna have to headspace it anyway so it depends on how are it will be to remove the barrel and index the new one versus removing the parts and swapping them. They might be silver soldered on so that might be the easier way to go but I'm far from an expert.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    They might be silver soldered on
    The flash hider, bayo lug and sight + hood are all one piece. It is on over the end of the barrel and looks to be pinned on. The pins are ground off flush. I will ba having a gunsmith do the barrel swap as well as the head spacing once i find a bolt. The good part about the lee enfield is the head spacing is done with screw off bolt heads.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38