Thread: CCW holsters for when it's hot as hell?

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

CCW holsters for when it's hot as hell?

Where I am at will be changing its CCW regs and allowing non-natives to get ccw permits. Which is awesome but I have no idea what I am going to do for a holster. It is hot as balls here and my daily dress is board shorts with either a single pocket or with a normal pocket layout, a t-shirt or tank top and sandals. I am 6' and hover between 215-220lbs with a 34 inch waist. Possible guns are glock g26, sig m11-a1/229, or a keltec pf-9. I am leaning toward the keltec due to size but would prefer the sig or glock.

Really the sig would be ideal since I can open carry it while hiking for hogs and feral dogs, and I have the most trigger time with it since it's twin brother is my work gun.

I am hoping you guys know of some magic holster that will save me.

Something IWB with 2 spaced belt clips and a leather backing is what I'd recommend. like the Crossbreed, or the Alien holsters I saw mentioned here, I use a Texas Heritage by Tucker Gun Leather, but less expensive options have been showing up the past few years.
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

TheisHolsters.com
    This guy makes some great holsters. The horse hide backing is great for hot weather use.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I live in the jungle myself and carry using a galco lite shoulder holster over a light t-shirt and under a light un-buttoned button up. Works great in shorts weather.

This system did me fine all last summer. Wearing the button up seems like it would be a bigger pain than it is. I use light enough shirts that it doesn't make a big difference.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Ruger LCP in pocket holster.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I live in the jungle myself and carry using a galco lite shoulder holster over a light t-shirt and under a light un-buttoned button up. Works great in shorts weather.

This system did me fine all last summer. Wearing the button up seems like it would be a bigger pain than it is. I use light enough shirts that it doesn't make a big difference.
    This is my summer rig as well. I use a Galco "Miami Special" and Carry a SIG 9MM.
    If you don't like cops, the next time you need help, call a dope smoker.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post

That sounds like a really good idea, I have some casual light button ups that I wear anyway. Completely forgot about shoulder rigs. Thanks man I will check those out tonight when I get off work.

Ive used those cheap ass uncle mikes IWBs for my sub-compact glocks and snubbies. I wouldn't do cartwheels with it but they work.