Thread: sa 85 m with amd 65 gas tube

sa 85 m with amd 65 gas tube

can some one tell me about this sa 85 m with the short gas tube? i have seen the sa 85 m with the short and long gas tube. the question for me is what is the advantage or disadvantage of the short one ? i have been told the short one is a amd 65 tube.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I have to be honest, I have been around AKs a long time and have done a ton of research and have never seen what I could believe is the true reason the SA-85M came with short and long gas tube versions.

It is interesting because the barrels would have to be different as well, as the gas port would be in a different location.

Thank you for your reply. that seems to be the story, no one seems to know the y- 4's of it . i just wonder if there is a performer advantage or a down side to it.

Quote Originally Posted by truthandguns View Post
    can some one tell me about this sa 85 m with the short gas tube? i have seen the sa 85 m with the short and long gas tube. the question for me is what is the advantage or disadvantage of the short one ? i have been told the short one is a amd 65 tube.
    no advantage or disadvantage just different production runs. Albeit there are some differences nothing that will make a noticeable difference shooting either one.

thank you for your input on my quest for more info about the sa 85 m. i gees the question now would be witch one of them were there less of them made. it is a post ban k.b.i. import. the only differences i can see by shooting it ,is it seems to be louder and have a little more kick, compared to my other AK's. that could just be me on the kick but it is defiantly louder.
    Last edited by truthandguns; 05-04-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by truthandguns View Post
    thank you for your input on my quest for more info about the sa 85 m. i gees the question now would be witch one of them were there less of them made. it is a post ban k.b.i. import. the only differences i can see by shooting it ,is it seems to be louder and have a little more kick, compared to my other AK's. that could just be me on the kick but it is defiantly louder.
    ( It AINT COOL ) if your gun's not black and your chrome don't shine

014.jpgmaybe some of you would like to see some pics of the sa 85 m[ATTACH=CONFIG]3063[/ATTACH015.jpg in question.
    Last edited by truthandguns; 05-05-2014 at 06:28 PM.

My understanding on the different configurations is that the Hungarians, being the thrifty bunch they were, used the leftover AMD65 and SA85 parts to assemble the postbans. It carries over to the SA2000M, as mine came with an AK55 milled front end with the heavy barrel, vented gas tube, and larger ID sights. I used milled Bulgarian FSB and GB to deban mine.