Thread: 1792 Ridgmont Reserve & a Monte #2

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

1792 Ridgmont Reserve & a Monte #2

Finally got around to trying the 1792. I had seen it on shelves for a good while, just never actually bought any till today.

This is distilled at the Barton 1792 plant in Bardstown. Its 94 proof and 8 years old. 750ml was $28.95

This is the same juice as Very Old Barton. The flagship Barton offering is the 6 year 100 proof.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

I'll have some opinions here in a bit. I'm letting it air some and need to get the Monte lit.

Okay, I've had two pours of this now and I must tell you; this is a very different whiskey. It has a fair bit of rye in the mash bill, thats obvious. But theres something else at play there flavor wise that I can't put my finger on.

I can say this; its decent hooch and priced about where it should be I suppose. Lots of cinnamon and leather, a bit of earthiness and that note I can't place.

One thing tho, this doesn't react well to dilution. Its much better neat. Just sip it.
    Last edited by El Jefe; 05-04-2014 at 11:12 PM.
    Returns June 3rd.