Thread: Any Justified fans about?

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Any Justified fans about?

I'd have to say; that now that Breaking Bad is toast, my favorite show still in production is Justified. Its a real hoot!

One thing I enjoy about it is trying to spot the different bourbon brands the show's characters are drinking or are easily seen in some shots.

Jim Beam
    Wild Turkey
    Blanton's
    Pappy
    Elmer T. Lee
    Makers Mark

Anyone notice others?
    Returns June 3rd.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Yep, big fan! Been watching it from the very beginning. One of my coworkers has family from Harlan county Kentucky. IMO this last season wasn't as good as most of the previous seasons.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Yep, big fan! Been watching it from the very beginning. One of my coworkers has family from Harlan county Kentucky. IMO this last season wasn't as good as most of the previous seasons.
    I'd probably agree with that. Didn't I see something the other day that this next season is going to be the last one?
    Returns June 3rd.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    I'd probably agree with that. Didn't I see something the other day that this next season is going to be the last one?
    I haven't seen/heard that but I wouldn't be surprised. Was pretty sure it was over after the last season, even my coworker who watches is that the same thing then we saw it was coming back on. It really has kind of run it's course though quite a few of the "main" characters are still alive.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I've caught a few episodes and liked them. Never noticed the bourbons...maybe I'll have to tune in. Another show now in re-run that I like is Deadwood. Ever seen it?
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    I've caught a few episodes and liked them. Never noticed the bourbons...maybe I'll have to tune in. Another show now in re-run that I like is Deadwood. Ever seen it?
    I've seen like parts of two episodes of Deadwood. It kinda looked like a vehicle to say fuck every other word.

Since Justified is a long ongoing story line, its best to start with the pilot and proceed from there. Are you an Amazon Prime member? If so you can watch the first 4 seasons for free on Amazon Instant Video. I really don't watch TV in a traditional sense, if I hear of something that might be good I'll watch it either on Netflix or Amazon. No commercials and if I want to watch 6 episodes in a row while smoking a stogie and having a bourbon or 3, I can do it at my leisure.
    Returns June 3rd.

Not a Prime subscriber but I view TV and movies much the same way as you do. I think Justified is available through my cable provider "on-demand" for free. I do stream movies from Amazon, but they are a couple bucks each.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Not a Prime subscriber but I view TV and movies much the same way as you do. I think Justified is available through my cable provider "on-demand" for free. I do stream movies from Amazon, but they are a couple bucks each.
    Many of those movies are free too if you're a Prime subscriber. I do a lot of transactions with Amazon so the Prime subscription saves me a lot of cash over the course of a year.

Back to Justified. Its obviously set in Kentucky, but its still surprising how much free pub the bourbon producers get in each episode. The poor folk drink Beam and Wild Turkey, the rich drink Pappy and Blanton's. And in one episode during the first season a guy had a bottle of Elmer T. next to his bottle of Blanton's.
    Returns June 3rd.

Um, yeah, I've been re-watching the early seasons of Justified and I've noticed that in season 3, Wild Turkey and Elmer T. Lee, are getting heavy coverage.

I find all this product placement quite interesting.
    Last edited by El Jefe; 05-11-2014 at 12:16 AM.
    Returns June 3rd.

I did the free trial for Prime. I found that many things I bought did not get shipped 2nd day for free and the content available for streaming was all older crap that was already available for free from my cable provider or on the premium channels (HBO, etc...). I concluded the Prime is not ready for prime time. I also cancelled Netflix when they doubled their rates and did nothing to improve content. Now I use Vudu (Walmart) or Amazon for streaming. There is a free one called Crackle, but it has commercials and content is limited.

I didn't get started watching it. But I plan to. I've purchased the whole first season, just haven't got around to it yet.

I started watching Fargo. Haven't missed one yet. But I can record now. When Justified came on I couldn't record it at the time...

Fargo has been pretty good in my opinion. Any of you watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    I didn't get started watching it. But I plan to. I've purchased the whole first season, just haven't got around to it yet.

I started watching Fargo. Haven't missed one yet. But I can record now. When Justified came on I couldn't record it at the time...

Fargo has been pretty good in my opinion. Any of you watch it?
    I haven't yet. I don't watch TV shows as they air, I just wait till there's a season or two to watch without commercials.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

It's the bomb...it'll be sad when next season ends.
    видеодон

Quote Originally Posted by videodon View Post
    It's the bomb...it'll be sad when next season ends.
    Yep.
    Returns June 3rd.