Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm having a really hard time not buying this...

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I'm having a really hard time not buying this...

$750 with the mags pictured and almost local (+/- 2 hour drive)... I don't think he has the bayo or other original items....

BTW, check the 40 mag on the table... Is that the allusive all stamped 40 or a cheap '90s aftermarket?
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

it doesnt have the cheap finish.

750 aint bad. considering last one i saw with just a 5rd mag was $550
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I'd say the 15 mags are worth +/-$200 especially if I find a Chinese with a chrome follower...

Any idea on the 40 I asked about?
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The 40 on the table does look Chinese. I once bought a rifle just because the guy was selling it with two 40 round Chinese mags. Wound up using the rifle as trading fodder.

On second look, there is something strange about the top of the 40 rounder. A better picture of it would be nice.

The top looks like an all stamped, but with a reinforcing bar spot welded below.

The best pic of it...

The parkerizing is also a problem with it being Chinese...

After seeing the second picture, either that is a new one on me, or someone did a nice job making that local.

On second look, check the two bars across the bottom just above the floor plate. They do not continue on to the narrow part of the mag like a traditional Chinese, but more like the Yugoslavian mags.

Strange indeed.

I saw that too... the Yugo style bottom... I've never seen anything like it.

At first I thought it one of those cheap USA attempts at ban mags, but the more I looked the less I thought so...

the ribs are different too.

IMHO.. I'd have to see that mag in person, 1 second and you'd know.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

It is a strange mag, and very possibly a one of a kind home made job. I have a couple of home made mags that work great, so looking at the other mags in the deal, and how nice the rifle looks in the photo, it could be a good deal. My problem with this SKS is the same problems I have with $600 WASRs, $700 SARs, $750 MAK-90s is getting it through my brain that the current prices are what they are, and the good old days of sub-$300 MAK-90s and SAR, and sub-$200 SKS are gone and if we see something we like, buy it because in a couple of years these prices will be the good old days!

Yep.. it's sad when I can get a new bushmaster or even better AR for less than what most places want for an AK now.

100,000,000+ Units made worldwide and not a deal to be found.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

yes that seems like a lot for an SKS but while maybe not rare, the D and M models do not grow on trees. I'd comp the price on gunbroker and if decent I'd jump on it. Problem is, I can't. The D and M are banned specifically in CA.

There are three on gunbroker at $550, $650 and $700. None of which are in better condition and none have all the mags...

Add shipping and receiving and this one would be about the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    Yep.. it's sad when I can get a new bushmaster or even better AR for less than what most places want for an AK now.

100,000,000+ Units made worldwide and not a deal to be found.
    The problem with all those is that our rights were infringed on to the point that we can't buy a real AK or AKM or AK-74 unless we are willing to pay a crazy amount for an approved one that would sell for a loaf of bread and a chicken in other parts of the world.

Sandbox update, many firearms that are legal to be brought back are skyrocketing as capitalism beats out the hatred of American Christians. Too bad because AKs are still a dime a dozen in lands that do not have the right to keep and bear arms.

As to the SKS, personally a face to face sale is worth several dollars in itself. No shipping, tax or transfer fees add up quickly to the point a bargain turns into a normal price.

Go for it ELC! Worse that can happen is a really long drive to find out it isn't worth it. Best that can happen is it is a great deal that in a couple of years you are so glad you did it!

I'm in Kali again... I'd have to send the wife after it. I make the deal sight unseen, I own it. As muh as I've tried it is not a judgement call she makes or is good at...

I'm still tempted if for no other reason than to find out what that mag is...

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

^That's a lot of money to spend on an answer to a small mystery. But it should make for a fun rifle if in decent shape (which it appears to be).
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

The sks d or m might as well be a ak. The only difference is the look of the stock
    What's up my nigga's

And the bcg
    What's up my nigga's

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

^As well as the trigger group and gas piston system.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Yep
    What's up my nigga's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast