Thread: No One Getting These?

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

No One Getting These?

Not much interest in the RPK line anymore?
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

The interest is there... the money isn't until I get some other things taken care of and out of Kali where my pay is cut by around 15% due to taxes and cost of being here...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Have always liked the Chinese/NHM-91 RPK type rifles.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

I need to do some photography one trip home...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Not sure if it qualifies but I bought a Zastava M77 (.308) rifle when J&G had them for $499 . Repaired rear receiver with M70 trunnion from Apex. Converted it for original stock with a little less cant to stock so it would be more inline with the bore, made an adapter, mounted Magpul PRS w/adjustable LOP and cheek piece.

Got a ZRAK mount that centers over bore, removed rings and threaded/mounted a length of picatinny stock to mount, moving scope more forward to cure eye relief problem with scope rail position. Mounted IOR Valdada 4x24 M2 scope w/illuminated reticle /range estimator / BDC with V-TAC quick release rings.. Converted surplus Acog Killflash ARD with laser filter. Installed RPK windage adjustable rear sight.

Ground off muzzle nut, installed muzzle brake w/detent pin assembly. Usual trigger polish etc.. installed Wilson buffer.

Converted some Galil 20 and 15 round magazines.

Kept original upper and lower hand guards on it because they match Magpul PRS and Tapco SAW pistol grip.

Sighted it in Saturday shooting across my pond at objects around the edge since the water is low. At 100 yards I shot 5 holes thru my swinging 6x6 inch steel target that were all touching. Target lases at 103 meters from my porch. It was one jagged hole. I want to get it on paper at 100 and the 300 yard plates. Was shooting some surplus LC XM80CS 149 gr FMJ.

Worked the night shift so it was cool and could work slowly and uninterrupted.

I want to repair the cleaning rod mount and mount a short piece of picatinny on the lower forward part of receiver to mount Atlas BT-LW17 Quick release bipod similar to the Dragunov, SVD etc.......

Was so impressed with it Saturday I ordered another one. Will see what accessories become available. Already have a ZRAK ON-M76A, another ZRAK mount, picatinny bar stock, RPK rear sight, muzzle brake w/detent assembly and Atlas bipod. I may go all wood furniture. Will study it and scrounge around my shop to see what else I have.

Should make an excellent DMR where a little extra punch might be needed. To say I am pleased with it so far would be an understatement

Since nobody is posting photos of their groups I decided to. I still need to make a minor windage adjustment.
    Last edited by jojo; 05-15-2014 at 12:02 AM.

Sounds really nice...

Pics, there must be pics!

Last edited by jojo; 05-15-2014 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Not much interest in the RPK line anymore?
    Guess Not
    Last edited by jojo; 05-13-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Nice .308, me likes...

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I would by an AES-10b tonight if I had an extra $699 + shipping and transfer laying around.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Yea i like the clubfoot stocks but couldn't find a polymer one to match the handguards. Who has them for $700.
    Last edited by jojo; 05-15-2014 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Yea that is sweet. I really wanted to get a clubfoot for that M77 but couldn't find anything synthetic to go with the handguards and really didn't want to just put $ in it. I've had that PRS laying around my shop for a few years.
    I'd like an M77 as well.

I would throw a wood stock set on, US palm grip, a RS products RS-310 mount with probably a 3-9x scope, phantom flash suppressor or maybe the menace brake from CNC warrior, and plenty of M-14 mags to mod.

Basically make it just like my o-pap but in .308 and with a scope.

Nice looking rifle BTW.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I'd like an M77 as well.

I would throw a wood stock set on, US palm grip, a RS products RS-310 mount with probably a 3-9x scope, phantom flash suppressor or maybe the menace brake from CNC warrior, and plenty of M-14 mags to mod.

Basically make it just like my o-pap but in .308 and with a scope.

Nice looking rifle BTW.
    Most people are modifying M14 mags and they are certainly cheaper but I had some Galil mags and compared both of them modified. I found that the Galil mag is more robust and requires less modification and has the locking tabs already in place on the front and back similar to an AK mag they just need to be filed down a bit. Unfortunately other people have figured that out aswell so now the Galil mags have gone thru the roof. I was fortunate to have a few 15 and 20 rounders already.

That's a CNC Warrior brake on it but I need something to reduce the muzzle flip a bit more to make follow up shots a little quicker. Those have been my observations so far but I have only fired about 20 rounds thru it. I never did try the open sights.

Here is the brake I have recently been curious about: http://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDet...ductCode=25176

Thanks for posting that. I might just give it a try. Looks like a Gemtech QCD I have on an Aug. Gonna check it out.
    Last edited by jojo; 05-17-2014 at 12:07 AM.

I've always wanted one like Jed had in the movie Red Dawn.

Nice rifle, jojo, that thing looks sweet.

"The Valmet M78 LMG stands in for the Soviet RPK since none were available in the US when this movie was filmed. The M78 LMG was used by Soviet paratroopers in the beginning of the movie and, and later by several of the Wolverines including Erica Mason (Lea Thompson), Toni Mason (Jennifer Grey) and Jed (Patrick Swayze). The LMG is seen fitted with a 30-round "curved" magazine as well as a drum magazine."

I guess ole Jed did not have a RPK....damn goggle and its infinite wisdom.

A friend of mine is a Valmet nut. I'll have to see what he has.