Thread: California PD Recalls 300 SIG SAUER P226s

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post California PD Recalls 300 SIG SAUER P226s

After today, it's all historical.

was_peacemaker
    Sig is a good company, they will get this fixed.

Serves them right, its probably the fucking loaded chamber indicator and magazine disconnect that they had to add to it once they let it drop off the roster.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

I figured this would happen when they were no longer made in Germany, I got one of the last P.229's made in Germany. Just like the PPK/S made by Smith and Wesson, We cannot make German Pistol's here in the U.S. to the same Quality. This would never have happened on a German made SIG. American Gun Worker's belong to the United Auto Worker's Union. That is why Colt is so expensive.

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

SIG's quality isn't what it once was. I have a 220 that I bought in the early '90s (made in West Germany). It is far nicer than some of the newer SIGs I've handled and been issued. My last time in Afghanistan, I was happy to have a 229 issued instead of an M9, but the quality just wasn't the same as my old 220.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

First sig i bought was an SSG 3000. Got it home, and two weeks later took it out of the box to find that the muzzle brake/flash hider was loose. Called sig, emailed several times asking where i can take it to get it fixed, no answer. Too busy with other projects now, i'll fix it myself eventually. Sig customer service didn't seem to give a fuck, they did send me a new set screw though. Getting the lock tight on the stock set screw loose should be fun