Thread: Canada 18 inch MAK/90/RPK?

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Canada 18 inch MAK/90/RPK?

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Yep, Canada has a barrel length law that doesn't violate the constitution because they don't have one. Snicker snicker.

Because of their 18 inch minimum rule you have MAK-90s with 18 inch barrels like the one in the auction.

Century managed to get a couple Canadian Norincos and Poly Techs into the land of shall not be infringed before ATF shoved the constitution down their throats and banned further importation of Chinese AKs from Canada.

I have seen 84S-1 with 19 inch barrels and a full stock Poly Tech AKS-223 with a 18 inch barrel that were Century imports.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Yep, Canada has a barrel length law that doesn't violate the constitution because they don't have one. Snicker snicker.

Because of their 18 inch minimum rule you have MAK-90s with 18 inch barrels like the one in the auction.

Century managed to get a couple Canadian Norincos and Poly Techs into the land of shall not be infringed before ATF shoved the constitution down their throats and banned further importation of Chinese AKs from Canada.

I have seen 84S-1 with 19 inch barrels and a full stock Poly Tech AKS-223 with a 18 inch barrel that were Century imports.
    Hell yeah!

Our constitution gives us 2 more inches over the British Commonwealth citizens of Canada.

What now muthafuckas?!?!

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I think my bush-holed Norinco has an 18" barrel.
    Could it be a post-ban Canadian import?

Quote Originally Posted by Adog View Post
    I think my bush-holed Norinco has an 18" barrel.
    Could it be a post-ban Canadian import?
    If it is marked MAK-90 with either a milled or stamped receiver, then yes.

If it is a milled receiver marked MAK-91, no. Stamped receiver marked NHM91, no.

It's marked MAK-90, milled. Thanks for the info.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

The 100 round and Poly drums are worth $500, maybe a little more. I don't really see $2000 for the rifle, especially since it is modified...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

It is a shame the fire control parts have been replaced. The stock set and muzzle device are no big deal, but the package is not worth the starting price.

100 round drums are staying higher in price, close to $300, but with the flood of 75 rounders, I would only put the 75 at a max of $120. Standard US MAK-91s are selling for around $1200 new in box, so even with the fact that it is a fairly rare rifle the price is just a bit too high.

If I am not mistaken, the front sight is correct for that rifle as the Legends did not have hooped front sights.