Thread: Possible 1943 DDR Mosin Nagant 91/30

Possible 1943 DDR Mosin Nagant 91/30

I am still trying to find out if the Triangle 1 is a DDR mark or an armory mark. other than that just a average 91/30. It has the original
    Bayonet with a stamped serial number matching the rifle.

beautiful rifle, welcome.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

That's an "Izmash Armory" stamp. Your rifle came from the arms plant in Izhevsk, Russia.

Welcome to Gunsnet!

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo GED; 05-29-2014 at 09:38 PM.

The popular belief is that the triangle 1 is DDR, but there has been no solid proof. Kind of like the MO marking. Nice rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by vit View Post
    The popular belief is that the triangle 1 is DDR, but there has been no solid proof. Kind of like the MO marking. Nice rifle.
    Proof what? They can;t link the Izzy arrow to the DDR because that symbol has nothing to do with the DDR (other than some Izzy rifles may have been in the DDR's arsenals).

The arrow in a triangle is an Izehvsk stamp. End of story. It still appears to this day on their Saiga rifles.

Here it is, visible right in front of the dust cover. As you can see the "Saiga" markring off to the right it is quite clear that this is not a DDR weapon by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    Proof what? They can;t link the Izzy arrow to the DDR because that symbol has nothing to do with the DDR (other than some Izzy rifles may have been in the DDR's arsenals).

The arrow in a triangle is an Izehvsk stamp. End of story. It still appears to this day on their Saiga rifles.

Here it is, visible right in front of the dust cover. As you can see the "Saiga" markring off to the right it is quite clear that this is not a DDR weapon by any stretch of the imagination.

I am not talking about the Triangle Arrow, The Izhevsk is an isosceles triangle

I am talking about the Triangle 1, It's an Equilateral Triangle with wavy lines

It has shown up and Tula rifles as well

Here is a list of different rifles with the mark
    http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRareDDR.htm
    Last edited by 2k05gt; 06-02-2014 at 03:57 PM.

The triangle 1 is a DDR marking.