Thread: M92 just showed up...

M92 just showed up...

Howdy all,

Picked this guy up yesterday from the LGS and was fairly impressed with the build quality compared to some of my other rifles in the past.

Right out of the box:

The tack weld they apply is neatly done and in an easy spot to work on without damaging the FSB:

For the SBR folks, think they heard you complaining about the serial placement... it moved forward a bit:
    And yes that is a sombrero....

Weld broke easily with the dremel, Freddies sells the chicago tool brand for $44 as a complete set:

Bought this set from cheaper than dirt for $11 plus shipping. Pretty sure that is a typo, its over $20 everywhere else. Comes with the plunger, spring and roll pin to hold it all together. I was AMAZED how simple it was to install this, AR roll pins are much harder to get into place:

And BAM. All done.... this is before wood finish is applied, going with the original BLO finish:

One more thing to note, does have the 'Y' stamp for the auto sear. Haven't seen that since the SAR series was coming in (dunno if others have been that way but that's the last time I went looking for it )

Thanks for looking! Taking it out for a test run tomorrow!

Stinkyrat

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    That is one beauty!!! I hope it shoots as nice as it looks!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Nice!

I want one myself. The Serbian rifles are great to collect right now. Good craftsmanship, good prices, and guaranteed to increase in value over the years.

You may also want to check out the "arm brace" they make for these.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Ditto the above posts. Very nice looking weapon. If my source was correct Zastava translates to "Redflag".

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    The Serbian rifles are great to collect right now. Good craftsmanship, good prices, and guaranteed to increase in value over the years.
    That's exactly what I was thinking, considering nowadays romy rifles are going for more than these Yugo pistols. Not knocking the romy WASR's and SAR's (I love them too ) but they've been flowing into the country since what? 1997 or so on a constant basis? No way Yugo M92 or M85 pistols will hit those numbers.

These will go up in $$$ at some point. Though I'd rather we all can just be happy and have lots of cheap AK's! Like a $350 polytech would be fantastic....

Stinkyrat