Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone still shooting their MBR?

I haven't shot any of mine in years.

I picked up a FR8 about 3 years ago for $200 or so.....still haven't put a single round through her.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergi762 View Post
    Iron sights or glass? What do you have on it?
    Sorry for missing this last month.

I shoot it with the standard iron sights. Been able to hold a 4 inch group standing off hand at 100 yards using Silver Bear ammo. Had more than a couple of friends drop jaws at the accuracy of this FrankenFal.

I took my SiG SSG and 716 DMR out a couple weeks ago ... shot them suppressed which is the only way I can with my osteoporosis.

I should list some of my 30's that I can't suppress on Gunbroker as it doesn't look like I'll ever shoot them again ... now that I've got RA too

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I took my Garand out a about two months ago. It was great to get a chance to shoot it, outside, on a nice spring day. Shot it with Alismith and some friends of his. We also shot a AK. It was a pretty good day.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    I took my SiG SSG and 716 DMR out a couple weeks ago ... shot them suppressed which is the only way I can with my osteoporosis.

I should list some of my 30's that I can't suppress on Gunbroker as it doesn't look like I'll ever shoot them again ... now that I've got RA too
    Wow, sorry to hear that! Are you taking anything to help your bone density?

To the post subject, I still shoot my M1 and my M1A from time to time. I have plans to go shooting on my Birthday in June, they are on the list to go with me and maybe the Israeli light barrel FAL.

been shooting nothing but my 22/45 as of late.

I picked up a FN49 in 8mm recently , I'll be taking that out once I'm not so busy with life.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    been shooting nothing but my 22/45 as of late.

I picked up a FN49 in 8mm recently , I'll be taking that out once I'm not so busy with life.
    Let us know how the FN49 handled. I've got one I've had for about 20 years and have never shot it yet. You've piqued my interest up now. May have to take it out and see how it shoots.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Let us know how the FN49 handled. I've got one I've had for about 20 years and have never shot it yet. You've piqued my interest up now. May have to take it out and see how it shoots.
    Ive got an FN49 in 8mm in the back of my safe that I havent shot in years. Mine is in pretty rough shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Wow, sorry to hear that! Are you taking anything to help your bone density?
    I've been going to Mayo Clinic in MN for about 3 years ... I get an infusion of Reclast plus I'm on high doses of Calcium and Vitamins D and K ... I'm 59 now and by my calculations my bone density should be about normal about the same time I reach the typical age of loosing bone mass due to the ageing process, but RA adds a new component which I'm still trying to understand ... my first appointment with an RA doctor isn't until next month.

It's not fun, but its better than the alternative of not getting older ... unless vampires really do exist!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    I've been going to Mayo Clinic in MN for about 3 years ... I get an infusion of Reclast plus I'm on high doses of Calcium and Vitamins D and K ... I'm 59 now and by my calculations my bone density should be about normal about the same time I reach the typical age of loosing bone mass due to the ageing process, but RA adds a new component which I'm still trying to understand ... my first appointment with an RA doctor isn't until next month.

It's not fun, but its better than the alternative of not getting older ... unless vampires really do exist!
    You and I are about the same age then. I hit the big 60 in about 2 weeks.

Just be very wary of steroid therapy for the RA. They can cause huge weight gain. And if they prescribe Viox do not take it unless you are looking to have a heart attack. PM me if you want to know more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12