Thread: Post rim fire targets here.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

Post rim fire targets here.

This thread is where all rim fire targets get posted.

Use this target.

http://www.reloadbench.com/pdf/image/target1.gif

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2013 rgmcl's Avatar

Having another fun match?
    What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" do you not understand?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

A little pistol shooting, started out a bit shaky but settled down after a couple of targets and switching to a two hand hold.
    Last edited by old Grump; 07-19-2010 at 10:41 PM.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

25 yard rapid fire with Ruger 10/22 carbine and iron sights. Spent 2 hours trying to get DPMS sights zeroed and I am maxed out with my adjustments. It now shoots 1/2" high and right from the bench at 25 yards. This pattern is me shooting tired and frustrated and getting a little to much finger on that rough trigger.
    [IMG][/IMG]

50 yard bench with Marlin 60, 3-9x40 Barska scope, Rem bulk ammo. Nephew has been shooting this gun for a month without cleaning. I just took it off the wall and fired without any sighters or making any adjustments like I would if I had taken it off the wall to shoot a critter in my yard. Now I think it's time to clean gun and tighten scope mount before I do 100 yards with it.
    [IMG][/IMG]

THUCYDIDES.

did you clean anything I shot after I left, hmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by rgmcl View Post
    Having another fun match?
    Yeah? What distance and rifle or pistol? What's the deadline?

Sigh, rules on Rimfire forum.

Any rimfire weapon, 25, 50 or 100 yards, any position, scope or iron sights.

Just mark on target what you shot and position you shot it in.

No scoring needed but if you do want to score the dot in the middle is an X then the rings are worth 10, 9. 8, etc.

Post by midnight of last day of the month.

Rimfire target for this month is http://www.reloadbench.com/pdf/image/target1.gif

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Sigh, rules on Rimfire forum.

Any rimfire weapon, 25, 50 or 100 yards, any position, scope or iron sights.

Just mark on target what you shot and position you shot it in.

No scoring needed but if you do want to score the dot in the middle is an X then the rings are worth 10, 9. 8, etc.

Post by midnight of last day of the month.

Rimfire target for this month is http://www.reloadbench.com/pdf/image/target1.gif
    Sorry I read the whole forum and saw where everything was. You shoulda just linked to the rules an told me to look before speaking/typing. DUH!

Ok The target hasn't shown up on photobucket yet, but here's the particulars. Brand new Ruger 10-22 with 2 practice rounds through it before target. Remington 525 bulk pack. 50 yards freestanding with factory sites, 10 shots rapid. I think I have a new favorite .22 rifle! I'll edit the target in when it shows up.

Last edited by renegadebuck; 07-31-2010 at 03:41 PM.

Nice offhand but it looks like 11 shots. Hopefully somebody else posts before midnight and shows us up.

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Nice offhand but it looks like 11 shots. Hopefully somebody else posts before midnight and shows us up.
    It does look like a double, but it's not. I must of shot through one of the .45 holes in the backboard. I'm saying that thinking that the mag on a 10-22 only holds 10. If it holds 11, maybe....oops....Nope, I checked the back of the target. It's real clear, just 10.
    Last edited by renegadebuck; 07-31-2010 at 10:51 PM.

August Rimfire targets

I went out with the intentions of shooting 50 and 100 yards but 15 mph winds from the SW and little spits of rain made me switch to 25 yards. Shot this with 10/22 scoped from the bench and was pretty bummed out. The targets I shot were what I expected to get at 50 yards. Shot 4 targets and there wasn't a nickles worth of difference between them except target #4 had no rain in my face and practically no wind. It also had a flyer that touched the edge of the next circle at 12 o'clock. I threw that one away as fast as I could.

[IMG][/IMG]

THUCYDIDES.

Nice! I'll try and get mine in tomorrow or Saturday.

[/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    10 rounds at Osama 100 yards, temperature 74 degrees, shooting north, sunny, wind varying from 12 mph to 23 mph coming from NNW

Ruger 10/22 with Simmons 3-9 x 40 scope and using everybody's favorite love to hate it Remington Golden bullet, 38 gr HP. Shot through the wind but it didn't seem to affect group size much. Only difference from previous group was that it was an inch low.

Time to get in those targets shooters, any target will do just shoot and post something.
    Last edited by old Grump; 09-01-2010 at 10:03 PM.

THUCYDIDES.