Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

Post 1911 targets here

Use this target

http://www.mytargets.com/Target5%20r...and%20cntr.pdf

1. 25 yards
    2. 10 shots
    3. any position
    4. name, date, gun shot, ammo shot and position used, (offhand or bench)
    and sights, (iron or optics)
    Last edited by old Grump; 07-17-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

1991-A1, standing, 2 hands 7-31-10, Armscor ammo, factory irons. Damn Photobucket hasn't uploaded them yet! I'll post when thy show up, but that's the info anyway.

Anyone ever shot Winchester white box ammo? I shot 7 rounds of that first and didn't even get on the paper! I was within 3 feet of it, but not on it. Who would have thought 10 year old cheap,($4 a box) plinking ammo would have been better?

Last edited by renegadebuck; 07-31-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Don't know what to say, I have a lot of it, my brothers gun is the same as yours and it shoots it just fine. You must have gotten a fussy gun or a really bad batch of ammo. Always a good reason to shoot and find this stuff out before you need it for serious.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

thats about as good as you will get with Armscor ammo IMHO I am in BTW I hope to get to some shooting in ..... in the morning .

Sorry Grump, I didn't make it to the range. Pretty busy month for me. I'll try for August.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Don't know what to say, I have a lot of it, my brothers gun is the same as yours and it shoots it just fine. You must have gotten a fussy gun or a really bad batch of ammo. Always a good reason to shoot and find this stuff out before you need it for serious.
    might be a bad batch, who knows. It seems to shoot everything else just fine.

August 1911 targets

Shot August 2, 2010 with a Gold Cup, Colt Mk IV, Series 70 NM 45 ACP Using Olin White box M1911 Match Ammo manufactured in 1978.

The first target is a 25 yard slow fire off the bench to check the sights.

[IMG][/IMG]

After coming 2 clicks left I fired one handed offhand rapid fire, still at 25 yards. I have no idea where that flyer came from, It couldn't have possibly been me. 84 degrees, humid, 10-15 mph wind from the SW and I was shooting straight west. Must have been all those damn no-seeums, deerflies and mosquitoes. Yeah that was it it was the bugs fault.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by old Grump; 08-02-2010 at 10:36 AM.

THUCYDIDES.

I brought my IAI Javelina 10mm to the range the other day. Thats the only pistol in my inventory that fits this forum. However half way through my 10 shots the pistol felt strange. No wonder.....barrel bushing, spring and shit was 6 yards away..... So, maybe next time.

Been there done that but it happened on the last shot of the day at the All Army Matches. Gun hasn't been the same since. They didn't put my original bushing back in and now its pretty much a non-match gun.

THUCYDIDES.

[/IMG]

My 45 at 25 yards from the bench. First time shooting this particular gun in a year because I have been waiting on parts. finally back together and still shoots better than I can even if it isn't the tack driver it used to be...or is that me that isn't a tack driver anymore?
    Last edited by old Grump; 09-01-2010 at 06:54 PM.

THUCYDIDES.