Thread: First Pistol i ever owned.

Cool First Pistol i ever owned.

I know it's nothing to brag about but i thought it would be nicely considerate as to how much hard i had to go through to get it.

So i had $300 on me at the time, and honestly, (not a fan of semis) i know i only have five bullets but it's a hacker not a swinger, like the Beretta my dad bought at the same gunshow, and if it weren't for changes in Alabama's pistol laws, i wouldn't even have it. so far i own 3 guns in my collection and this being my first non shotgun center, i am proud of the caliber i chose, as it's not too hard not too soft, i would've gotten stuck with a mag if it wasn't for the limited amount of pocket cash i had on me at the time, planning on expanding soon to get something i can go into competitive shooting with, i'm okay with the 1911 style round top frame vs a box frame like the Sigs and Glocks.
    Keep your will turning...

http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/dat...m/NRA_logo.jpg

I will not eat your bread.
    I will not jump your cliff.
    I bow to no one but the Lord.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Nice looking older S&W. We have a few people here that like revolvers. One of our members used to have a tag line "My wife calls revolvers "spinners"! I don't own any yet, but if I could get either a Colt Trooper or a Python for a reasonable price I would jump on it.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Nice looking older S&W. We have a few people here that like revolvers. One of our members used to have a tag line "My wife calls revolvers "spinners"! I don't own any yet, but if I could get either a Colt Trooper or a Python for a reasonable price I would jump on it.
    Look closer it is a Rossi, not a Smith. It looks like the model 60 S&W, but it isn't.

To guntrol, congrats on getting your revolver. Don't shoot any +P rated ammo in it, the Rossi isn't rated for +P.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 07-07-2014 at 05:45 AM.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Actually it's a copy of a S&W Model 36. Model 60 is the stainless Chiefs Special. Not sure how many, if any parts might be interchangeable between it and a S&W but if it functions properly it should make for a nice, no frills shooter.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Actually it's a copy of a S&W Model 36. Model 60 is the stainless Chiefs Special. Not sure how many, if any parts might be interchangeable between it and a S&W but if it functions properly it should make for a nice, no frills shooter.
    I have a Rossi M885 that I bought probably 30 years ago. It is a fine weapon and has never failed me. I have shot all kinds of ammo through it, including +p.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Must be better than the new Rossis. I bought a new 6" back in 2007 when I thought I'd like to try a budget revolver. It came out of timing and lost the firing pin while dry firing with snap-caps before taking it to shoot for the first time. So it broke without ever even being shot.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Must be better than the new Rossis. I bought a new 6" back in 2007 when I thought I'd like to try a budget revolver. It came out of timing and lost the firing pin while dry firing with snap-caps before taking it to shoot for the first time. So it broke without ever even being shot.
    Not only that but the Rossi frame was about 2/3 the thickness of the already svelte Smith Mod. 19.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Not only that but the Rossi frame was about 2/3 the thickness of the already svelte Smith Mod. 19.
    Like Richard said, mine appears to be a very close copy of a S&W.

Hey?

I've been looking all over Google trying to find an exact match aftermarket laser grip for this gun and can't seem to find one anywhere, I've checked the CT site but nothing for a S&W 36 or this would come up, was wondering if there was a modern gun with a similar frame i could opt for?

Quote Originally Posted by guntrol View Post
    Hey?

I've been looking all over Google trying to find an exact match aftermarket laser grip for this gun and can't seem to find one anywhere, I've checked the CT site but nothing for a S&W 36 or this would come up, was wondering if there was a modern gun with a similar frame i could opt for?
    Bout where in alabama are you from there bro? I'm in Decatur. North al.
    What's up my nigga's

just between ozark troy

just between ozark troy
    Troy collage is a pretty place. My son went down there a couple of weeks ago. For band competition
    What's up my nigga's

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Hey?

The S&W Model 36 is a J frame.
    http://www.crimsontrace.com/products...wesson/01-5130

You can always call CT and ask them which model fits your Rossi.

Phone: (800) 442 - 2406

Or email them

http://www.crimsontrace.com/company/contact
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 07-08-2014 at 12:55 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell