Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Officer Darren Wilson Suffered “Orbital Blowout Fracture to Eye Socket” During Mike Brown Attack

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    The 'Perfect Crime' in America Is Killing an Unarmed Black Man and Claiming Self-Defense
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-go...usaolp00000592

They're trying to equate the guy who died in a choke hold to the guy who punched a cop in the eye and tried to get his gun.
    They post a picture of Little Mikey, such a cute little boy... instead of reality... a 250 pound angry hulk with a prior criminal record assaulting an armed person. Well no shit he got shot. What did Little Mikey expect? To let him beat the cop unconscious, then shoot him?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Those numbers mean nothing if they are not compared to the number of people who make up each demographic.

10 murderers out of a group of 20 is a hell of a lot worse than 10 murderers out of a group of 1000.

True. And the numbers are staggeringly different

For 2011 the murder rate for

Whites: 2.64 murdered per 100,000

Blacks: 17.51 per 100,000

National average: 4.44 per 100,000

That's persons killed of course, not race of the killer. But it's safe to assume it follows the basic trends laid out in above posts.

Obviously black homicide victims are bringing the national average up. (Um...probably not the best phrasing on that, but you know what I mean)

(I'm presenting this last bit as a sort of "fun fact")
    My math may be off on this, but going by the estimated 400 police shootings and a population of roughly 300 million,

The police "murder rate" would be .13 murders per 100,000 Americans

Rather tiny considering the work they do.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819