Thread: So what new toys have you bought during the blackout

So what new toys have you bought during the blackout

Allright now in all the time the sight has been down you guys must have some new toys right?

I won a S&W 1911 pd in June and just picked up a stag piston upper, just put a timney trigger on it today. I also picked up a Ruger piston rifle so stay tuned for a head to head piston review.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by Skarmajunga; 07-18-2010 at 12:41 AM.

Stag 3H upper- one of my last posts was about it being on sale for $400.00 OTD. It had a bad bolt, Stag sent me a new CMT bolt, no questions asked and now it's an acceptable carbine.

Then I got a half case of Black Hills 68 grain match ammo that turned my A2 into a solid 1 MOA shooter. It might be even better but I can't tell with me shooting it.

Got a trailer park uzi for the wife- it sits in a laptop backpack in her trunk because her workplace is a little too close to the ghetto for my comfort. Put a better front sight on it and it's a decent 50 yard shooter. She's familiarized with it but we need to train her up a little- ultimately hoping to get her comfortable enough to handle it with a mounted flashlight.

Finally, I got 3 (1 beater, 1 office, 1 backup) pairs of glasses to correct me to 20/20- I'm far sighted and they really help inside of 100 yards. I'm saving my eye surgery for when my lenses harden.
    Last edited by matshock; 07-17-2010 at 10:43 PM.

A Marlin 22 Mag bolt rifle and scope.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Picked up a Sterling thanks to our friends as Aim Surplus!

Hey, I already started this thread.....LOL

What have you acquired while Gunsnet was down?

I figured I'd start the thread....gunsnet has been down too long....while down we've all had guns that have come and some that have gone.....catch us up.
    Me? I won a National Match 1911 in a PBA raffle...it's since been traded... I got a 1953 Systima 1911 (great condition) and some cash (needed the cash but that is for another thread)...I decided to do something different this year for deer season, so....I bought a Mossberg ATR 100 in .243. I'm liking the light recoil and light rifle compared to the 308 Mauser I hunted with last year. I also bought a Martin "Threshold" compound bow for the early bow season....Lastly, my father-in-law brought me his Carl Gustaf Swedish Mauser in 6.5. It's a sweet shooter. Funny part is he said he was thinning his collection and then turned around and bought a Mossberg ATR in 3006, LOL....one gone, one bought, my kind of thinning. Lastly I picked up a Kahr CW45. It's now my full time off duty gun. The only thing I've done to it is add night sights.
    That's mine.
    What did you get?

Scott

Always Remember:
    A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.
    (I don't know who to credit but I like the quote.)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Well I did pick up a Kahr pm9 recently, tiny 9mm perfect for summer carry. Trigger is a little long but nice and light.