Thread: Good day at the range but---

Good day at the range but---

Shot my first Enfield this am. Kept it simple and used the 25yd pistol range just to get a feel for it and see where the shots were printing. Pistol range with a rifle is a little awkward. You can use a bag but have to sit on a folding chair. I was on paper and kept most shots in a 3-4 inch circle. Should do better at the rifle range next time. Rifle cycled great.

Now the only hitch was the safety is loose and activated after taking a shot. Had to push it forward after most shots. Any tips on tightening it up? Thanks.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Not sure on the tightening. Silly question I guess, but you have tried simply tightening the screw right?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Not sure on the tightening. Silly question I guess, but you have tried simply tightening the screw right?
    Yeah,did that.Not silly.Sometimes we miss the obvious. I figured it out. I found out there are several styles of similar but different safeties. The plate/spring on mine that the screw goes into and secures the safety needed a little bending. Seems snug enough now. Otherwise a great shooting rifle. I just have to get used to the bolt cocking on closing. A little more resistance at the end of forward travel. A different feel then the conventional cock on opening. Needs more of a positive push. To me anyway.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

The safety might need a new spring...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    The safety might need a new spring...
    By spring you mean the plate that secures it? That seems to put pressure against the safety lever also. I did not find any coil type spring or a place one would go. Thanks.