Thread: Found another old pistol today...

Found another old pistol today...

This time it was inside the old house we were cleaning out...

Looks like a small caliber pistol...may .22 or .25 cal

Any idea what it is?

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 gewehr44's Avatar

Looks like some type of "bicycle pistol" that I think were popular around the turn of the 20th century. Link below to a copy of an old catalog that has some similar pistols, but nothing that really matches.

http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20nat%2...logue%20gb.htm

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by gewehr44 View Post
    Looks like some type of "bicycle pistol" that I think were popular around the turn of the 20th century. Link below to a copy of an old catalog that has some similar pistols, but nothing that really matches.
    +1 on the bicycle pistol (I'm thinking belgian, as they made a bunch of them) also looks to be a pin-fire

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Cool little pistol. I always did like unusual pistols...

Forum Administrator Prometheus168's Avatar

Dude.. Do you need some help cleaning up this property... I work cheap but on the one caveat that I get to keep what I find!

Rusty
    GIG'EM AGGIES!
    Lieutenant of Correctional Officers- Texas Dept. Of Criminal Justice.
    Firefighter- Calvert Fire Department

Formerly know as Prometheus606

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Curious to know if you find any old coins.on the old farm where I spent my summers and hunt seasons we found old silver coins under the old farm house in mason jars.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Linx, buy, or rent, a metal detector and go over every inch of that place. It looks like you've stumbled on a place where there were very sloppy people living at one time. You just might find some more really neat stuff there, like more guns, coins, farm tools, etc. Some of it might be worth something to the right buyer... They might even have buried a couple of jars of coins and forgotten about them. Their sloppiness would be your gain.
    Last edited by alismith; 07-18-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: fix typo

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus168 View Post
    Dude.. Do you need some help cleaning up this property... I work cheap but on the one caveat that I get to keep what I find!

Rusty
    I was thinking along the same lines. Linx you always find the coolest stuff.
    "Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number,
    its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Iron Maiden

Found out what it is. A Belgium pin-fire built in Liege between 1853-1877.

You should have seen the gun collection the elderly woman's husband had before cabelas came and paid $17,000 for it in cash (they paid about $170 a gun). The son, who is also gun guy said he didn't need it any more and sold it to them.

I think he got ripped off...but it wasn't my place to complain and was unaware of the sale. He is a friend so I didn't want to come out and say he got burned but I dont think he wanted to deal with parting over 100 pieces of it out.

He had like every old west original gun from the 1800s. The collection was probably worth 60-80k. Tons of Colt Navys, Remingtons, and Winchesters from the 1800s.

They have metal detector out there and I am probably going to go try and go hunting next week. And there is an untouched workshop building full of stuff we have to clean out....