Thread: $399 WASR

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

$399 WASR

Get them while you can. You know you'll be crying years from now if you don't!

Current WASR rifles are supposedly a lot nicer than the old ones, BTW.

http://www.jgsales.com/-p-1055.html
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Great price these days!

Funny that JG states
    Quote Originally Posted by JGsales
    This firearm was assembled by Century Arms using both new US made parts and original used surplus parts.

Would guess parts needed to meet the sporting purpose clause of the new ATF second amendment.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Now that Republicans hold the majority in both houses I expect to see a lot of prices drop in the gun world.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Now that Republicans hold the majority in both houses I expect to see a lot of prices drop in the gun world.
    Distributor prices on these rifles as well as the Serbians have been recently raised by Century. The currently low prices are simply individual small businesses wiping out their old stock.

But hopefully I'm wrong and gun prices continue to fall.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Century raised their prices to take advantage of the obama-panic. Hopefully now that the panic should be over, they will lower their prices back down to pre-greed levels.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Distributor prices on these rifles as well as the Serbians have been recently raised by Century. The currently low prices are simply individual small businesses wiping out their old stock.

But hopefully I'm wrong and gun prices continue to fall.
    I also hope you're wrong, but I doubt it. The gun owners in this country have already shown what we're willing to pay when push comes to shove.

And yes, the WASR's that have come in these past few years are better than what they used to be. Occasional sight cant seem to be the worst of it. I believe these are also now being built with brand new stocks, and newly manufactured parts, not just "demilled" surplus parts and rejected military parts. I saw a WASR in a local shop about a month ago. The wood looked as fresh as the new Serbian AK's, and the finish is a little nicer. Still has that good old sloppy Romanian AK feel to it though.

ETA: I also noticed no Romanian "arsenal" triangle stampings on any of the parts, which also leads me to believe parts are new manufacture.
    Last edited by Aggressive Perfector; 11-14-2014 at 12:39 AM.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Century raised their prices to take advantage of the obama-panic. Hopefully now that the panic should be over, they will lower their prices back down to pre-greed levels.
    it is not greed if I ask it and you pay it. after all it is not food.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 02/2013 s15v8's Avatar

I wish I can buy one while I'm here in SC, but since I'm a Florida resident I can't.(Not Southern Cali)

Why can't you? You can buy rifles out of state just not pistols.... Or at least you can buy "long guns" in GA & TN if your an out of state resident that allows it... I would think SC would be the same, all southern states...

Quote Originally Posted by s15v8 View Post
    I wish I can buy one while I'm here in SC, but since I'm a Florida resident I can't.(Not Southern Cali)

Guns Network Contributor 03/2015 jakebrake's Avatar

yes, the new ones are light years beyond the old ones. they aren't perfect. they are also a shitload less expensive than most of the other variants, and do the job quite well. g2 triggers are standard is an upside. they will require a touch of love here and there to be their best, but, it's 20 or so minutes with some sandpaper and a coke in front of the tv.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 02/2013 s15v8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jtrade View Post
    Why can't you? You can buy rifles out of state just not pistols.... Or at least you can buy "long guns" in GA & TN if your an out of state resident that allows it... I would think SC would be the same, all southern states...
    Florida was one of the later states to repeal that contiguous state law (where its only ok to buy long guns wherever your state borders at), our current governor repealed it back 09 or 10, now that Florida has, the other states have to say its ok for Floridians to buy long guns thats what I've been told.