Thread: Iraq contract "bring back" WASR's

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Iraq contract "bring back" WASR's

"Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Based upon the close up pictures, it looks as if these were assembled in Romania using demilled kits. The giveaway is the arsenal stamped and dated front trunnion. Some WASRs are assembled with old parts and some with new parts. I personally prefer the models with new parts.

So that in and of itself kills my interest in these rifles regardless of their time in Iraq, which probably caused little more than finish wear.

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

That's why I put the words bring back in quotation marks. My WASR (not a "bring back") was built from a demilled Romanian military AK (assuming that's what the arsenal marks indicate), no problems out of it yet. I actually find this just a little humorous as the AK "elitists" turn up their noses at WASRs (the older ones rightly so), yet contractors working in conflict zones have no problem trusting them for their security. However, what kills my interest in buying one is a used WASR is a used WASR. I'm not paying a price for a used one that rivals the cost of a new one. I already have one and we're not in the middle of a ban scare, so I'm far from desperate.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".