Thread: 922r compliant

922r compliant

the retaining plate I order shows in the picture that it is made in the USA. idk know if it is marked or not.
    if it is marked does that count as a compliant part? I think the trigger group counts as 3. am I correct?
    I think I read it did but I cannot find what I read. figures
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

nope it doesnt count.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Are you a manufacturer, importer or distributor ???
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

No a retainer plate isn't a countable part for US 922r compliance. Yes the fire control group; hammer, trigger and disconnector count as 3 US parts. Other parts that count are; barrel, receiver, muzzle device (flash hider or brake), handguards, pistol grip, buttstock, front and rear trunion, mazine body, mag follower, mag floor plate. Yes a magazine can represent 3 of the 10 required US parts for 922r compliance.

so by putting the Balkan u/l hand guards and pistol grip on there I could have made it non compliant but by changing the trigger group it is a wash. ok.
    now how could they tell where the furniture came from?

be the heat..

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    so by putting the Balkan u/l hand guards and pistol grip on there I could have made it non compliant but by changing the trigger group it is a wash. ok.
    now how could they tell where the furniture came from?

What rifle is it? US parts are going to vary depending on if it is zastava or century built.

century build. m70ab2.

be the heat..

is the receiver considered to be American manufacture? for that matter the barrel or the bbl trunion?
    seems if it says Vermont that is the USA, well for right now.
    seriously though is it? I not confused, I'm not, really it's ok.

be the heat..

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    is the receiver considered to be American manufacture? for that matter the barrel or the bbl trunion?
    seems if it says Vermont that is the USA, well for right now.
    seriously though is it? I not confused, I'm not, really it's ok.

If it,s century built than it definitely has an american receiver and most likely an American barrel and slant comp, trunnion will be Yugo. You need 6 American parts, so if barrel and muzzle attachment are US than you're fine

I asked somewhere else and they said if it is a century build the rec, bbl, trigger, hammer, disconnect, pistol grip and hand guards should be American.
    gonna call them later on today, maybe.

be the heat..

Forum Administrator

UH...I have actually handled Yugos from Century that do indeed have the original barrel installed....if it is not stamped made in USA...then its original.

So nobody gets into a hissy...the original barrels will have the factory inspection stamps all over them ....and they do.

I am confused., is it 6 or 10 American parts? I have always been told and read 6 on most conversions( for 922r) and that there we're only 16 major parts on most AK's? Schuetzeman says 10 here and Raxar says 6, ? which is correct?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Read the reg, 922(r) as well as Title 27 CFR 478.39 which states you cannot make a long gun using more than 10 imported parts. More than 10 makes it an evil baby killing assault weapon. The AKM has 16 countable parts, the AK has 15. You can have 1000 USA parts, but no more than 10 can be imported.

So, 6 parts under their list (ATF) will cover both weapons quite nicely huh? Be they AK or AKM it would seem? I have read 922r several times and this was the way I understood it to be. Sometimes when reading Gov't regs it makes me feel as if you need a law degree. Thanks knut ., a Tapco G2 trigger group (3 parts), stock, pistol grip, and forearm with made in the USA stamped on it should cover the 6 parts you should need. Quite simple really., then throw in a Tapco Magazine for 3 extra parts or a Pro Mag, both made in the US of A. (Better to be safe than sorry)
    Last edited by rshaneck2002; 12-26-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by rshaneck2002 View Post
    So, 6 parts under their list (ATF) will cover both weapons quite nicely huh? Be they AK or AKM it would seem? I have read 922r several times and this was the way I understood it to be. Sometimes when reading Gov't regs it makes me feel as if you need a law degree. Thanks knut ., a Tapco G2 trigger group, stock, pistol grip, and forearm with made in the USA stamped on it should cover the 6 parts you should need. Quite simple really.,

This is correct. Be careful, because according to ATF, if you accidentally build the AKM with 11 imported parts, the rifle becomes an assault weapon and the first thing it will do is shoot out the sun, causing it to explode ending all life as we know it. Those feds really want to keep us safe!

Please note, purple text = internet sarcasm.