Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the clay game thread

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobski View Post
    lol!

hey, fyi...the guy that won the apr meet came from atlanta. why not come in oct to our 3 day forum shoot?
    Thanks for the invite but; A. I'm a rifle guy, B. I won't have enough vacation time to do that if I want to take off the last 2 weeks of December as I always do. I have shot guns; a 1200 Winchester 12 ga. and a Rem. 11 WWII flaming bomb ordnance marked 12 ga. I prefer the 1200, seems to kick less despite being a pump and the 11 being a semi. I've hunted doves with the 1200, I use to limit out with it, but that was 32 years ago. Mostly it just sits in the vault.

bobski
    totally understand.
    and too, im sure theres a bunch like you that have shotguns collecting dust in closets. too bad we couldnt some how invite those gunsnet guys to shoot out here some way. i see youre an admin. who could we approach to post an invite? i know many websites have state meet/forums. this one doesnt. id be glad to offer my cabin for a gunsnet shotgun shoot and swap meet. ive held a few with others that have meet forums and we have had a blast. ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bobski; 05-11-2015 at 10:38 AM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Aside from making a Sticky Post to fix it to the top of the forum I have no ideas. There used to be a "Competition" forum but I guess it was removed due to lack of being used.

bobski
    pm sent...............

bobski
    sch.....how far are you from athens?
    my uncle and i use to drive down to buy reloading stuff at franklins gun shop. is it still there?

bobski
    well, just got the 25th guy signed up to come to my farm to shoot in oct. if anyone out there around the southern mo. area wants to come, pm me for details. bring shotguns and clays!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I've been wondering where you went. Tempting, but too far for me to get to. Thanks for the offer, though.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

bobski
    i was up in conn in june caring for aging parent.
    back now.
    too bad about coming. be glad to have ya.
    if you know anyone in the dc area thats tired of the blue ridge and wants to explore the ozarks...send them my way!
    we do hicksville right.
    :>

bobski
    well, let see. since july i held my 25 man shoot and hoot in mo. in oct. what a great time. ran over to andy dalton range in springfield mo and popped a few caps.
    toured ark and met some nice guys in cherokee village rod and gun. shot 50 straight there. went down to the mayflower range and to jacksonville ark and shot at the new ag&f complex. huge range. 14 fields of trap.
    ran back to conn, checked on mom. and now im ready to do it all over again here in va...mowing grass in shorts.
    any exciting shotgun stories out there for 2015?

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I went with coworkers in California to shoot sporting clays, even worked their charity shoot. I could really get into sporting clays, but not until I get a decent shotgun. I bought a Stoeger Condor and it does not "fit". Beat the hell out of my cheek after the first two boxes.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

bobski
    a good fitting gun is like a good pair of shoes. youll know when it fits!

Quote Originally Posted by bobski View Post
    a good fitting gun is like a good pair of shoes. youll know when it fits!
    I love shooting my new Winchester. It is nice not getting hit it the nose with every shot!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

bobski
    i heading to conn in jan/feb to tour some skeet ranges. i'll be shooting birds in the snow.
    snowbirds!

bobski
    heres my main gun that i shot for decades. its time for it to go. way too many guns!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your going to sell that!?! Do you have a buyer? How much are you asking, if I may be so bold.

NRA Endowment Member

bobski

It says the auction is closed, but I have to tell you it is too much for me. I have no doubt that it is worth it, just out of my price range (as I was sure it would be!).

NRA Endowment Member

bobski
    I close it when I travel, but still got it!

bobski
    im up in conn doing my annual tour of ranges. cold, ice and rain! heading to Norwich this week. any conn shooters out there?

bobski
    how time flies.
    heading to conn to visit a few new ranges. anyone live in conn?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12