Thread: Question on Atlantic Firearms AK Builds.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Question Question on Atlantic Firearms AK Builds.

I had contacted Atlantic Firearms about when they would be getting in more Interarms Polish AKMS Rifles. I was told that Atlantic Firearms would now start soon making Polish AKMS Underfolders. Does anyone know the Quality of Atlantic Firearms build> Thanks Paul

I bought one of their Polish underfolders about five years ago. Besides the long trigger pull, I love it. After zeroing it I was able to get bout a 10" shot group from about 100m. Not great but I was standing unsupported so I am not too upset by it. After putting an Ultimak gas tube and handguard on it (cue the hecklers) and a Bushnell TSR-25 red dot, I can get about 6" shot groups from the same position and distance. Got a trigger job last summer which shortened the pull and made it smooth as butter. Now its my favorite shooter.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Atlantic is really a first rate company run by a guy who cares. It is very rare that you will have problems with something they sell, but remember that being human not everything is going to be perfect. You just hope you don't get that one out of a million (except with lottery tickets!)

That said if you do have issues they are great at fixing the problem.

Sorry, got carried away and didn't really answer your question. Besides the long trigger pull (which was pretty smooth BTW) I really had no complaint about the rifle. The wooden handguard and gastube cover were really well done. Smooth with a subdued sheen which I prefer over some of the glossy ones I have seen. Everything fit together real tight with very, very little play with the receiver cover. Very slight mag wobble but nothing that gave my rifle any issues with loading or extracting. Goes bang with every squeeze of the trigger, as it should. The only real complaint I had was with the pistol grip. Not sure who made it but it forced my middle finger into the trigger guard so when I fired about 5-6 rounds it would rub my knuckle raw and bloody. Not fun. A buddy of mine helped me fix that with some fiber glass resin, an old t-shirt and a bench grinder. Now it fits my hand like a glove. Hope this helps.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thanks I don't know when they will be a coming from Atlantic Firearms, just that they are going to make a new Batch, as Interarms will not be doing anymore. Paul