Thread: Kel-Tec PMR-30 - Opinions?

Kel-Tec PMR-30 - Opinions?

Last week, I was looking at a PMR-30 (.22 Mag) at a LGS. The red & green fiberoptic sights were nice and I liked the idea of 30 rds. of .22 Mag, mainly because it has been easier to find than .22 LR.

What concerned me was the aluminum frame and "reinforced" nylon body parts, giving the empty gun almost "water-pistol" weight. Long term durability has me concerned as well because of the gun's lightness.

The LGS was also about $45 ABOVE the MSRP of $415 on the Kel-tec website.

For some reason, I can't seem to find many reviews or info other than what is on the Kel-tec website.

If any of you own one, or know somebody that does, and could give me some more info on this gun, I would appreciate it.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

we shot about $250 worth of .22 mag through one in half an hour one day.

LOUD, very very loud. first 50-75 rounds the gun was finnicky then it ran smooth after that.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I want one.

The carbine version was being shown off at SHOT show this year. It looked pretty good as well.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

A buddy of mine got one several years ago. It had problems feeding. Kept wanting to jam. Had a gunsmith take a look at it and said it was fixed. It wasn't. He ended up just sending it back to the manufacturer and they replace it no problem. He loves it now. Runs real nice and real accurate. He has put about 200-300 rounds through it with no issues. I have handled it a bunch and its real fun to shoot. It does feel like a water gun when empty. However, that can be fixed by locking and loading a mag in it. If I had some expendable income I might consider getting one. I will talk to him and see if there is any wear and tear yet.

I have no experience with the Kel-Tec, so I can't help you there. But if you haven't seen this, it might be interesting to you... comparing the .22mag to 5.7. Relatively, the .22 mag wasn't too shabby.