Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glocks fires by tee shirt...

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

I cannot see how this happened.I have not been able to do it with my IWB holster once.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post

As for the SERPA, what makes it any different than any other holster in this regard? I own Galco, Bianchi, Uncle Mikes, Fobus and Blackhawk and cannot see where any design would be more prone to causing this. The smaller compression holsters used for competition will all have the same small size / large opening.
    I've heard people say the SERPA's are somewhat iffy because they force to place your finger close to where the trigger would be and muscle memory being what it is might lead to a ND if you're off alittle and get your finger stuck in the guard. That said everyone I know with a real SERPA loves it and how secure they are.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I've heard people say the SERPA's are somewhat iffy because they force to place your finger close to where the trigger would be and muscle memory being what it is might lead to a ND if you're off alittle and get your finger stuck in the guard. That said everyone I know with a real SERPA loves it and how secure they are.
    But, your finger doesn't need to be anywhere near the trigger to put the gun in the holster! Only on the draw! Just like a thumb snap, you don't need to touch the thumb snap to reholster the weapon. On a triple retention duty holster that requires you to push down, then rock forward to draw the weapon, you don't need to do anything to reholster it!

That claim is bogus in my experienced opinion! The release button has zero to do with reholstering. I could hold the pistol by the slide, with two fingers, and drop it into the holster and it will lock securely.

...Just sayin'!
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    I not goiing to call it one way or the other in this case, but I could see a t-shirt causing a pistol to fire, it would be a 1 in a million shot, but it doesn't seem impossible. Its hard to explain verbally, take your right index finger and put it under the bottom hem of your shirt, now take your other hand and put a finger on bothsides of the index finger, on the outside of the shirt and pull down, if you somehow got the glock trigger tangled up like that and pulled the shirt it seems pretty likely that you could get a ND. Come to think of it, maybe he had a hole in his shirt that the trigger got caught in, from the last time he shot himself...

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    On the draw, you hit the release with your index finger, and as you pull it out, your finger is right where it ought to be. On the frame above the trigger. I really like the system.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty258 View Post
    On the draw, you hit the release with your index finger, and as you pull it out, your finger is right where it ought to be. On the frame above the trigger. I really like the system.
    Yup! If you look at my rig, you can see that the finger is in the best place that it can be, ABOVE the trigger! And when reholstering, it doesn't even matter as the finger should be completely off the gun!

The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123