Thread: Filed Deer Draw Application

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Filed Deer Draw Application

Colorado DOW is now accepting draw applications. I just filed kids n myself a few minutes ago.....now we wait.
    Dan

www.cpw.state.co.us

Wow, good to see someone knock down the cobwebs and post a new thread
    Hope you get it and hope to see some pics if you get there
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

I buy left over cow elk tag in August....just going an earlier season this year....last year a 14 below was miserable! Guess I'm getting older....LOL.
    Dan

Now that Deer Apps are in, draw results should post by May 29. In the mean time, time to spend a lot of range time to get back where I once was..LOL. If no draw, there's always Elk...................
    Dan

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Are deer scarce in CO? Back east a lot of states just sell you a hunting license for Deer at about any sporting goods or gun shop. These usually are good for taking multiple deer, sometimes 5 or more depending on the state. There is no filing for a drawing on Deer around here as far as I know. Damn things are everywhere. I've had them run through my back yard and I live in a subdivision. Found deer scat as well in the back yard.

Colorado went to draw tags on deer a few years ago......hunting has changed drastically in the last few years...loss of habitat to make room for more anti liberals and if they cut tags, it means more $$$$$$$$ from out of state hunters. Area we applied for, I saw a lot of deer last year. Habitat loss is probably the biggest factor. First, they went to 4 separate seasons....then the draw system....this limits the number of people in the field. A lot of folks still think of Co as a 'grail' state...also, if you don't hunt public land, this has become high peso industry! Still, a lot of us stick it out foe pure enjoyment.

Dan
    Last edited by Dan Morris; 03-21-2015 at 09:01 AM.

OK, using back door access, kid n dad both drew deer tags...sadly, I gotta wait till the 29th to see sex.........will update.
    Dan

OK, Marc and myself both drew doe tags, 3d rifle season.
    Dan

Tags received today....that's about a month early! I've learned not to expect things!
    Dam