Thread: Questions about Makarovs

Questions about Makarovs

Hi guys, I've been looking into getting a Bulgarian Makarov for cc and to go with my Bulgarian 74. Anything I should know about the Bulgarians that differ from Russian or Polish Makarovs?

My other main question would be the power of the pistol. I'd say the most use it would get would be for putting down sheep. Would the 9mm Makarov round be too much for that? Usually use a .22 for it but, I'm all about having less. So If I could have one pistol to do everything I need I would prefer that.

Thanks!
    "That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State - and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power."
    - Article 16 Vermont Constitution

Hey, I don't think there is a lot of difference between the Bulgarian and Russian Maks. As a matter of fact, I have a few Bulgarian parts in my Russian Mak and have never had any issues with it. As far as cc goes, I have a Russian Mak that I use. I get some weird looks from my friends when I tell them this, but I love the damn thing.
    I do think its a little overkill to use it on sheep. If a .22 works then why change a good thing?