Thread: WTS: 7.62 NATO battle packs (FTF - Northwest Indiana)

WTS: 7.62 NATO battle packs (FTF - Northwest Indiana)

Howdy-

I am looking to sell (face-to-face, ideally) a decent amount of ammo that has been responsibly stored at a family member's home (in NW Indiana - Highland, Hammond, Munster area) for a number of years. I have warmed up to the idea of getting it into the hands of someone who A) wants it for long term storage (SHTF), or B) is going to use it.

I have the following 7.62 NATO battle packs available:

South African (140 round) battle packs - sealed

QTY currently available: 10

I am looking to get $80 / battle pack.

Recently I have, unfortunately, not been in a position where I can easily schedule the time to drive a good distance for delivery/meeting up. However, in the event one is considering purchase of several of the packs... I can and will do my best to try and arrange driving for meeting at a 'half-way' point (assuming a FTF sale may involve a fair amount of distance between buyer/seller).

I also have:

German 7.62 NATO (200 round) battle packs - sealed

QTY currently available: 7

Here is the link to the AIM surplus site where they were purchased (back when they were still in stock)...:
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=A308Ger

I am looking to get $100 / battle pack.

Thank you for looking and for your consideration, gentle fellows- happy shooting.
    Last edited by jt1793; 03-20-2015 at 12:11 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Here's my 2 cents. The German ammo is super high quality. The aim link had it for a bout 39 cents a round if purchased in 1000 round quantities, 45 cents if it was purchased in battle pack quantity. If you want to really sell it 50 cents a round will move it fast, the German ammo that is. South African is a lower tier of surplus and should be priced less per round than the German ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Here's my 2 cents. The German ammo is super high quality. The aim link had it for a bout 39 cents a round if purchased in 1000 round quantities, 45 cents if it was purchased in battle pack quantity. If you want to really sell it 50 cents a round will move it fast, the German ammo that is. South African is a lower tier of surplus and should be priced less per round than the German ammo.
    Thank you for the advice/guidance on the German ammo, Schuetz- I sincerely appreciate it!

Luckily found a buyer for the lot of SA and German battle packs- all quantities are sold.