Thread: First Signs Of Collapse?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

First Signs Of Collapse?

When the real collapse occurs, what are some of the signs to be looking out for?

I mean, will it be a quick fall, or a slow one?

If slow, what are some of the things that will start showing up before the collapse, like inflation slowly going up, gas and oil prices start rising uncontrollably, devaluation of the dollar, bank loans stop, or anything else that can be seen, or felt, before the nose dive?

Is there any sure signs that will indicate a collapse?

Just curious...
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I think it will just happen and it will not take long to happen.
    I also believe that economics is the trigger. we, the whole world,
    are doing strange monetary things everyday. plus all transactions
    are digital or whatever and that system is fragile as hell to some person
    or group that wants to take it down. domino..........
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    From local experience expanded to federal all it takes is the signing of the "wrong" bill into law. Almost immediate peaceful mobs on the streets blocking traffic.

From not to far away experience, an incident occurs which causes a group of people to become an out of control mob burning, looting and doing uncivil things.

It doesn't take long lately to go from full peaceful co-existence to out and out mayhem.

Once it starts it will be VERY quick and very catastrophic. Right now the worlds business is transacted in U.S. dollars. Once the dollar starts a collapse, the world business will all suddenly dump the dollar. The would will be so flooded with dollars that toilet paper will be worth more.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I think it depends on where you are at. Take Ferguson for example. It took less that a day for it to deteriorate, but it was localized. It got worse in other areas more slowly and this time, it stopped. The problem will come if it does not stop spreading or if multiple trigger events happen at once.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I think it depends on where you are at. Take Ferguson for example. It took less that a day for it to deteriorate, but it was localized. It got worse in other areas more slowly and this time, it stopped. The problem will come if it does not stop spreading or if multiple trigger events happen at once.
    Like you said, Ferguson was local and the US economy didn't collapse. People knew, even when they got finished protesting, that the world was still there and they could still work, buy food, get paid, go about living a normal life, etc. The world was still there for them.

I guess what I'm looking for are signs of a national, or worldwide, economic collapse. What would be the signs of that happening, before it actually happened? Stock market crash, oil prices skyrocket, money becoming worthless, etc.?

Would there be any signs of that kind of collapse coming? I'm reading advertisements of, supposedly, billionaires saying the economy is going to tank. But, they could just be saying that to get people to buy what they have to sell. I don't trust what the ads have to say.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

A "run" on banks, bank holidays, and inability to get your money out of a bank would be a bad sign. Also, the sudden shutting down of the Internet would likewise be a bad sign. Lastly, if people who own guns, have conservative political views, and so forth (like people posting here) start to disappear that is a bad sign.