Thread: Holy crap!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Thumbs up Holy crap!

I actually finally found some .22 LR ammo to buy that wasn't 15 to 20 cents a round! The first I found was at a Walmart, they had CCI standard velocity, subsonic in speed. They had a 3 box limit, luckily my wife was with me so we got 6 boxes between us. My Ruger .22-45 lite loves it and with the AAC Pilot on, very very quiet. A couple days later, Friday in fact, I went into a local shop near where I work at lunch time and managed to get a 325 round box of the Federal Auto Match bulk for just over $23 out the door.

I'll take this as a sign that eventually we may return to normal, a time when you can walk into any shop that sells ammo and see many boxes on the shelf. I vow to never walk past an ammo display that has .22 LR at reasonable prices and not buy at least 1 bulk pack or brick if it gets to that state again.

been "normal" here since christmas.

prices have come down a little, every 5 weeks or so I grab another 500rd box.

I bought a 6" pac-lite for my 22/45 , just need to make my adapter and lead guard.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

that's how I've been getting mine. And like you if I happen upon it with my wife I'll end up with 6 boxes. Last time, they were 1000 round boxes.

Must be nice. Up here .22 is gone! Walmart shelves are always empty and the local shops marked up what they have so high that I just laugh.

The last box of 250 I bought I paid $30 for it at an antique store.
    I did that so my son would stop shooting all of my ammo. Now he has his own.

BISHOP

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

This is the first time since the Sandyhook massacre that I've found .22 LR, not in one but two different stores. I take this as a sign that the situation is improving, all be it not fast enough to suit me. Eventually it should come back to normal everywhere barring another bad incident.

you can't even count all the different .22lr guns that have come out as well. that sure didnt help much.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

No to slow things down DHS will put in an order for 60million .22 bullets for training purposes. That will solve that availability.

BISHOP

I've hardly put a dent in my .22LR. I was grabbing bricks of Remington Peters 40gr lead rn at Gander Mtn 2 and 3 at a time for under $20 each. Seems similar to the Rem Thunderbolt. Still have many 50 rd sleeves of cci mini mags socked away too. I have enough to last my lifetime I think.
    Face your fear, accept your war.