Thread: Any "alpenflage" fans?

Any "alpenflage" fans?

I just got a Swiss "Alpenflage" Jacket, rucksack and hat for $30 shipped. It stands out when you're not trying to be concealed but, in the thick hard and soft mixed forests here it blends in really well.

parkaswissm702.jpg
    "That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State - and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power."
    - Article 16 Vermont Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Escobert View Post
    I just got a Swiss "Alpenflage" Jacket, rucksack and hat for $30 shipped. It stands out when you're not trying to be concealed but, in the thick hard and soft mixed forests here it blends in really well.

parkaswissm702.jpg

I never understood Alpenflage. My buddies and I always referred to it as the "Ketchup & Birdshit on wilted Lettuce" camo It's good for breaking up the form, but it's color palette is downright weird.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

I actually works in the local foothills during autumn. It would be a lot better without the black, though.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I never understood Alpenflage. My buddies and I always referred to it as the "Ketchup & Birdshit on wilted Lettuce" camo It's good for breaking up the form, but it's color palette is downright weird.
    Haha I guess the swiss called it fruit salad pajamas.

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex
    I actually works in the local foothills during autumn. It would be a lot better without the black, though.
    I guess the black helped with early night visions and would break up the profile even more. same with the red. And red is hard for the eye to distinguish at distance and it just kind of turns into a brownish color until you get much closer. And yeah, being in the hills in Vermont, I think it's perfect. I think I'm gonna have to get a helmet with cover and the pants now

I'm pretty happy with the fit! sleeves are a tad short but, I'm also 6'2. My Swiss winter jacket's sleeves are a bit short too so I was expecting it. My only complaint is one of the latches on the jacket to hook the sack on is missing the clip witch locks the sack on. But oh well it still works! And it was only $11!
    Last edited by Escobert; 06-08-2015 at 11:02 AM.
    "That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State - and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power."

I'm positive I have something like that. Got it from Sportsman's Guide quite a few years ago. It was so inexpensive I couldn't help but buy it. Mine is similar to my old military field jacket, except this alpenflage thing is so heavy, I can't wear it.

yeah I don't see this as something you'd want to be wearing down your way for the weight/thickness and pattern. up here in the NE it's great.