Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I bought land

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    One idea....

Love the sound bro...!!!

I'm thinking something along those lines, Infidel Rd maybe? Tyrant Cemetery Lane?

I gold prospect so maybe Fool Prospect?

Broke Ass RD is what my wife likes...lol
    FBHO

Quote Originally Posted by chiak47 View Post
    I need a way to get stumps out of the ground without the need to rent a stump grinder.

Try this.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    Try this.

Nice,I will try this...
    We are talking probably 100 or so stumps and they need to come out real fast so the dump trucks can drop off the gravel for the driveway.
    FBHO

Quote Originally Posted by chiak47 View Post
    Nice,I will try this...
    We are talking probably 100 or so stumps and they need to come out real fast so the dump trucks can drop off the gravel for the driveway.
    I think this method requires some passage of time. To remove them fast I would think you would have to dig, grind or burn them.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    I think this method requires some passage of time. To remove them fast I would think you would have to dig, grind or burn them.
    Yeah, whether you use Epsom salts or nitrogen its a gradual process. It speeds things up, but doesn't sound like it would suit Chiak's needs. What he needs is a case of dynamite and a 5th of Jack!
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Yeah, whether you use Epsom salts or nitrogen its a gradual process. It speeds things up, but doesn't sound like it would suit Chiak's needs. What he needs is a case of dynamite and a 5th of Jack!
    How about home made tannerite?

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Hells yeah!
    Returns June 3rd.

Update...we got our cabin built. 500sq ft as of right now. I got solar, a fridge running, a few stray dogs, outhouse (humanure) a plot for a greenhouse leveled, a 200' driveway made using a D7 cat, and I had enought to buy a old jeep to run up and down my old logging road.

Its been a tough year, sleeping in a tent for 4 months with 2 kids, wife and a dog. Coyotes really try to lure house pets out. I had a 5' mojave green about 10 yards from my front door and reports of mountain lions all around, not to mention the bear scat all over my prpperty and a dead woman half mile down the road who everyone believes the huband did. Its been a damn adventure... kids love it, wife doesn't complain and im scratching my head wondering wtf im doing...
    FBHO

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Yeah that's the thing about country living. We went looking for Norman Rockwell and we found Stephen King.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like an adventure for sure!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Congrats!!! You will love it up there. Are you moving to this site?

I'm down to 9.4 acres here, but it's still got everything I need. I feel bad for our brothers that don't have some land out away from the danger zone...

Also, if drilling a well is going to be hard - like "deep", you may want one of these: https://www.facebook.com/yooDesignSt...type=2&theater

There are other contraptions to condense water from air out there too. But this one looks great - no power needed for it to operate. Two would give you all the water you need! One would probably be enough if you conserve or hook up a solar pump to it and run that to a collection vessel.

Also, check out CEB building for constructing a home. It would be perfect for that environment and cost is super low. Example:
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Here's a vid on a manual CEB maker. Go on youtube and search for CEB and you'll get all kinds of info.

The bricks are compressed and consist of earth and about 8% concrete mix. The resulting structure is highly efficient - similar to a real adobe home and can withstand 200 mph winds. I like the brick molds that make interlocking bricks.

The cost of a complete 3 bedroom home can be held under $10K depending on how you finish it. The exterior can be finished in a variety of ways.

Chiak47, would you mind answering a few technical questions?

My grandparents used to live in Oak Creek, just off of Jack's Canyon road and were about 4200 ft in elevation. Do you know what yours is?
    Considering that snake your wife almost stepped on, "Diamondback Road" might be a good name.
    Your well - artesianal or was a pump needed? Flow rate?
    What are you using for your solar/wind power storage system? I would be interested in the details you came up with to meet your needs.
    Thanks!

And pass my congrats on to your "put upon" spouse for enduring those conditions.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Congrats on the land. I wouldn't be overly happy about the rattlers though.

Ah the rattlers are just a sign that the ecosystem is healthy. You have to have predators to control things... I've lived around poisonous snakes for some time now and you just need to have situational awareness - just like with human predators and snakes.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

rode the train from williams to the canyon. beautiful country. hostess on the train told of living nearby. its quite a switch from life on the grid. good luck, there's no place like home.

Kuntryboy, my wife works on that train. Great experience riding it,no? I'm hoping that soon I am one of the fellows that robs it...wink...lol

Ahh the rattlers, the first month we lived here I crawled into my sleeping bag, felt something move and pulled out a tarantula the size of my hand. I screamed, kids screamed, wife laughed. I cut a tree down and hit a nest of trantula killers. Again I screamed.

No well yet. Its far deeper than I was told, neighbor has a quote done $85,000 to drill his. Im sitting at 6100' . I haul my own water. There is a well that I pump out of for .001 cents a gallon. I have two 275 tanks that I carry our shower water in with. We have a on demand lp water heater hooked up for our outdoor shower. My land is pure forest that back up to damn near a million acres of national park. There might be a half dozen house from me to the colorado river/grand canyon. In case of emergency I do have a state trust livestock pond about 500 yards from my driveway. I have a huge abundance of elk on my land as well as antelope, mule/ whitetail deer, javalina, ferel hogs, rabbit, squirrel and fowl.

As far as solar, I have 3 200watt solar panels made by GE that power 2 trojan 6v batteries, hooked to a syne inverter with a small regulator in between. Trying to work out bugs. Total investment is roughly $2500. I run a constant 14v and I have roughly 700 amp hours. Enough to run a small fridge and enough lights to see all around my cabin. Its great with about 300 days of sunshine here in the high desert.

My truck is beat to shit. I have 8 miles of dirt logging road to drive down before I hit pavement.

This is by far the hardest endeavor I have ever taken on. Debt free though in 2 years 8 months.
    FBHO

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

yes it was. it was 7 years ago we were there. my mother -in-law was born at the canyon. watch out for the fire ants. they scare me worse than rattle snakes.

You don't need a well. Get a couple of these https://www.ideaconnection.com/new-i...air-11247.html and hook them up to a solar powered water pump to a holding tank. Viola water for all your needs - clean water.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast