Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I bought land

Update, I spent the last 2 years traveling the nation as a contractor for the Navy. I maintained ships.
    Able to pay all my debts off and buy some cool toys. Been home for a month now and working on finishing the interior of our cabin.
    Bought a couple atvs for the boys and an arsenal for the stead. Got an old Lincoln redface to put on my 3/4 ton so I can start a small weld business. Got a case tractor with a front bucket. Things are way better than sleeping in a tent.
    FBHO

20190224_142746.jpg

How do I spin this photo?
    FBHO

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Talking about contracting for the Navy, I may be remembering wrong, but when the "War on Terror" first kicked off, didn't you have a chance to work for a contractor repairing Navy helicopters....possibly on board Navy ships? Did that ever work out for you?
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

What state? I hope it isn't a Blue one. The Blue ones are going to hell in a hand basket now.

If this Dimocratic led shit keeps up in MD, I'm looking to move to a much friendlier one....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    WaterSeer BUSTED.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVsqIjAeeXw

I question how you keep dust/dirt, rain, or bugs out of the collection chamber. Sanitary water? I don't THINK so !!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by chiak47 View Post
    20190224_142746.jpg

How do I spin this photo?
    Windows Photo Viewer in Win. 7. Or Photoshop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

The land is in northern AZ, not far from Flagstaff down an old dirt road that the sheriff wont go on cause according to neighbors he got tired of getting shot at.
    I repair damaged ships due to collisions or other emergency fixes they need. Great gig, I leave again in 3 weeks. Our fleet is in dire disrepair.
    FBHO

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

The land is in northern AZ, not far from Flagstaff down an old dirt road that the sheriff wont go on cause according to neighbors he got tired of getting shot at.
    I repair damaged ships due to collisions or other emergency fixes they need. Great gig, I leave again in 3 weeks. Our fleet is in dire disrepair.
    How'd you make out in that heavy snow that hit the north, we had snow down below 2000', we took a ride out to north scottsdale where there was a foot of snow, it's weird to see the saguaros covered in snow

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    OMG ?!? Talk about MUD !!

I'm home again, what a wild ride it's been.

Good news is I'm home for good now. Tired of not seeing my kids for a year at a time.

My house is coming together nicely. I just finished a flatbed for my truck, bought a brand new Lincoln Electric generator welder and I'm in business for myself.

My 14yr old son is my apprentice and business partner, yesterday we went to a rock quarry and welded a broken boom on a backhoe. 5hrs on the clock and walked away with $1200.
    Tomorrow we have a cab to weld on a dozer. Same pay.

Its beautiful not being in debt...
    Last edited by chiak47; 11-26-2020 at 09:57 AM.
    FBHO

My truck, yesterday.

Funny story about this truck.
    I welded a horse corral for a nice couple and seen this truck in the field, no bed. Tires flat..etc. so I inquired and took it on a partial trade for my Labor. I had a similar 3/4 ton ford that had a cracked frame and a good engine. So I get this truck back to my place. My 13 and 14yr old sons helped me take the engine's out of both trucks.. the bad engine had 3 drilled holes in oil pan. In inconspicuous areas. Weird but anyways.
    We get the good engine, regasket it, lap valves new oil pump, timing chains and assemble it. Put it in. Purs like a kitten.

The flatbed "frame" was off a dodge Cummins that burned to the ground. I rebuilt the flatbed, put new wood on her. Built boxes in the bed for my welding leads.

Whole project...$900 truck and bed.
    Last edited by chiak47; 11-26-2020 at 10:28 AM.
    FBHO

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

My truck, yesterday.

Funny story about this truck.
    I welded a horse corral for a nice couple and seen this truck in the field, no bed. Tires flat..etc. so I inquired and took it on a partial trade for my Labor. I had a similar 3/4 ton ford that had a cracked frame and a good engine. So I get this truck back to my place. My 13 and 14yr old sons helped me take the engine's out of both trucks.. the bad engine had 3 drilled holes in oil pan. In inconspicuous areas. Weird but anyways.
    We get the good engine, regasket it, lap valves new oil pump, timing chains and assemble it. Put it in. Purs like a kitten.

The flatbed "frame" was off a dodge Cummins that burned to the ground. I rebuilt the flatbed, put new wood on her. Built boxes in the bed for my welding leads.

Whole project...$900 truck and bed. I need to finish wiring the bed.

Nice. Real nice.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

My boys are proud of it. Named her scrap money...lol
    Pulled out of junkyards

FBHO

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Nice. Real nice.
    Thank you...!!!
    I think my boys are walking away from this project with a real sense of pride and accomplishment.

We have a ton of work lined up, from underground bunkers to conex houses. 2021 is going to be a good year for us.
    FBHO

2021 is going to be a good year for us.
    Now that's something I really enjoyed reading
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Now that's something I really enjoyed reading
    I hope the whole nation will prosper.
    FBHO

it warms my heart to see or hear of young men working on vehicles
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Thank you...!!!
    I think my boys are walking away from this project with a real sense of pride and accomplishment.

We have a ton of work lined up, from underground bunkers to conex houses. 2021 is going to be a good year for us.
    They should considering the amount of work they put in on this project. PLUS it could be "job security" as anything that goes directly from their heads to their hands CAN'T be "outsourced".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast