Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I bought land

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

You and your family are real go getters. Congrats Chiak47. I assume you're fairly young, I certainly couldn't even wrap my head around being out in the wilderness like that, being so self sufficient. Quite something nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    it warms my heart to see or hear of young men working on vehicles
    We have another project we are about to dive into.
    A 1952 ford 8n. We are fabbing the arms, redoing cylinders and painting it to spec.
    Start it in 2 weeks. Waiting for the fenders and tires now.

Budget is $1500
    FBHO

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    They should considering the amount of work they put in on this project. PLUS it could be "job security" as anything that goes directly from their heads to their hands CAN'T be "outsourced".
    My boys hunt, tan hides, pull engines, feed livestock, weld, carpentry.

Homeschooled.
    They laugh at city kids. 13 and 14 with 6 pack abs and no weight bench...lol

They have 1 beer with me a week. That helps.. my best friends. Men around here know them well and respect them.
    FBHO

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    You and your family are real go getters. Congrats Chiak47. I assume you're fairly young, I certainly couldn't even wrap my head around being out in the wilderness like that, being so self sufficient. Quite something nowadays.
    It's been such a tough go, nothing is easy but it's way better than a tent or the condo we used to live in...
    FBHO

Quote Originally Posted by chiak47 View Post
    We have another project we are about to dive into.
    A 1952 ford 8n. We are fabbing the arms, redoing cylinders and painting it to spec.
    Start it in 2 weeks. Waiting for the fenders and tires now.

Budget is $1500

Nice!

Keep this vid in mind for jobs where you don't want to tear down a block, just get it running and keep it running;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr8jIwVyIFE
    and the results a year later;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXIu...el=ProjectFarm

I use it myself but have learned the hard way how to do it right. Had a 90s ferd ranger 2.3 and wanted to get it back to a peppier state after a few hundred thousand miles. The big bottle for v8s, 16oz, is only a buck or two more than the one for 4cyls, 9oz. So I got the big bottle and dumped it in, not thinking about how cold it was or much else relating to oil filtering or oil pump pickup tubes etc etc. Needless to say the next time it got cold in Nebraska (it gets very cold in Nebraska), only a few days after putting in the bottle, I had no oil pressure but had to get to work. A teardown later, the oil pump pickup was filled with an odd granular substance that was obviously not going to allow for a lot of oil to pass, later determined to be the contents of the large bottle of restore I'd plopped in.

Lesson learned. For an example of how to do it the right way, I've a 4cyl with over 200k miles on the clock, leaks nor burns not a drop of oil on almost 10k miles since oil change (mobil1 20k mile oil and filter) but it definitely needed help maintaining gear on hills at hiway speeds, a prime indicator compression efficiency is reduced.

I got the engine good and warm, and while still running added only 4oz of restore via a small orifice funnel, a few mins later added another 4oz; restore recommends 9oz for 4cyls. Then immediately put a hundred miles on it to make sure everything was well dispersed in the oil. 500 miles later the downshifts that happened all too often are a thing of the past and where it used to barely make more power at 4krpm, it now pulls much stronger than before. If a vehicle has 100k on the clock this stuff might help, but one person reported it fooched his prius, filling the oil pickup and so on but he didn't mention if he used too much at one time like I had. This stuff is engine rebuilder in a can. Walmart has it cheaper than the car part places around here by a few bucks.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Nice!

Keep this vid in mind for jobs where you don't want to tear down a block, just get it running and keep it running;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr8jIwVyIFE
    and the results a year later;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXIu...el=ProjectFarm

I use it myself but have learned the hard way how to do it right. Had a 90s ferd ranger 2.3 and wanted to get it back to a peppier state after a few hundred thousand miles. The big bottle for v8s, 16oz, is only a buck or two more than the one for 4cyls, 9oz. So I got the big bottle and dumped it in, not thinking about how cold it was or much else relating to oil filtering or oil pump pickup tubes etc etc. Needless to say the next time it got cold in Nebraska (it gets very cold in Nebraska), only a few days after putting in the bottle, I had no oil pressure but had to get to work. A teardown later, the oil pump pickup was filled with an odd granular substance that was obviously not going to allow for a lot of oil to pass, later determined to be the contents of the large bottle of restore I'd plopped in.

Lesson learned. For an example of how to do it the right way, I've a 4cyl with over 200k miles on the clock, leaks nor burns not a drop of oil on almost 10k miles since oil change (mobil1 20k mile oil and filter) but it definitely needed help maintaining gear on hills at hiway speeds, a prime indicator compression efficiency is reduced.

I got the engine good and warm, and while still running added only 4oz of restore via a small orifice funnel, a few mins later added another 4oz; restore recommends 9oz for 4cyls. Then immediately put a hundred miles on it to make sure everything was well dispersed in the oil. 500 miles later the downshifts that happened all too often are a thing of the past and where it used to barely make more power at 4krpm, it now pulls much stronger than before. If a vehicle has 100k on the clock this stuff might help, but one person reported it fooched his prius, filling the oil pickup and so on but he didn't mention if he used too much at one time like I had. This stuff is engine rebuilder in a can. Walmart has it cheaper than the car part places around here by a few bucks.
    I'll check that video out.

I just finished the job up today that I horse traded the tractor for. I know it turns over but no fuel, I think it's just gummed up. (Crossed fingers) it has a front end loader and a three point with PTO.
    I just need a small utility tractor for around the house and not get in debt over it. I'll break it all down and rebuild if necessary.

I'm working on getting a 1965 Clark front end loader, got a line on all 4 good shape but used tires swapped out for a grand (5' tires) its articulation 2with a cat diesel.

I'll research that additive...!!!! Thanks brother.
    FBHO

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234