Thread: Ok the whack with the

Ok the whack with the

hammer didn't work. Now, as much as I hate to, I am going to try and squeeze
    the Gas tube lock bar with my vise. This pin can be removed, it is that loose.
    Seems it could have been missed in the build part, as far as checking the fit.
    Oh well this is the only flaw I have found with this rifle. If this doesn't work
    should I just pin it with a punch on the sides? I am not going to send it back
    for something this minimal.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I would send it back.

$700 is too much for me not to feel satisfied with my rifle.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

But damn Funky that is a pain in the ass and as I use an independent ffl it is not
    always easy to get in touch with him. Can I ship direct to CAI and then back to the house?

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    But damn Funky that is a pain in the ass and as I use an independent ffl it is not
    always easy to get in touch with him. Can I ship direct to CAI and then back to the house?
    You do not need an FFL to ship a firearm for repair, or to have it returned. FedEx or UPS will send it straight back to your house after Century is done with it.

BTW, I too use an independent FFL and have found it more convenient to rely on him than any of the local gun shops. Build a relationship with your FFL so he puts a priority on you when you call.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Not unless you feel confident that the ball bearing in the vice trick will work.

Sorry I was busy. I don't have to flare the pin that much and no I am not confident that it will work.
    First thing that comes to mind is what size bearing, inside the pin mics .210 and it is only .054 deep.
    Might be tuff to find something to fit those parameters.

be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    You do not need an FFL to ship a firearm for repair, or to have it returned. FedEx or UPS will send it straight back to your house after Century is done with it.
    I wanted to second this. I shipped a Ruger MkIII pistol back to Ruger for repairs. I had to declare the pistol to FEDEX, it had to be shipped overnight, and signed for by an adult at both ends but no FFL was needed. You can read up on it at the FEDEX and UPS websites. FEDEX seemed a little easier and I believe that Ruger, who was paying for the shipping, wanted me to use FEDEX. I would contact Century and see who they want or recommend you use.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Bigger is probably going to be better to roll it over. That said, all CIA rifles / handguns have a 1 year warranty. You should contact customer service by phone and they should set up a call tag for the weapon with UPS. Ship it to them and they can ship it back to you direct without having to go through a dealer again. My 2 cents.