Thread: Called Century yesterday 7/7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Called Century yesterday 7/7

and started the process of sending my AK63D back for issues already discussed.
    The lady said she would send an e-mail to get us going. None received.
    Today 7/8 going to call again.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Damn. I've had really bad luck sending shit back to them in the past. One time the said they were going to redirect my call, and when the person picked up the phone it was a technician/scientist in nuclear power plant in some totally different part of the country. After I told him about the nature of my call, he became interested in my CETME, which needed repair, so I explained some basics about gun ownership in the US and piqued his interest in buying a semi-auto rifle. This was back in 2004. True story.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Wow. You ain't lying are ya?
    Called again and got Jason Dressler. He resent the e-mail and expressed concern with me being able
    to remove the gas tube latch. I would think so. Anyway received the email and will fax the info later today.
    7/8 2 pm.

be the heat..

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Wow. You ain't lying are ya?
    Called again and got Jason Dressler. He resent the e-mail and expressed concern with me being able
    to remove the gas tube latch. I would think so. Anyway received the email and will fax the info later today.
    7/8 2 pm.
    Nice. Keep us updated.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Yeah I will. I have the paperwork together. Copy of my D/L, copy of the sales invoice from Impactguns w/ serial no.
    I will fax it to them tomorrow. He wants me to take the retainer plate out and put the Shepards crook back in. He also
    made the comment that they might replace the rifle and I objected because it is so nice with the fits, furniture
    and the sights are perfect. But if the rsb is not right, the hole for the gas tube latch too large, they might have to
    switch out the rifle. I hope not. I hope someone just missed the pinning of the latch. He also said they would check the
    bayo lugs and the receiver(dust) cover as it is slightly bent. That really wasn't a concern but I brought it up since I am
    sending the rifle back.

be the heat..

Talked to Century today, 7/14, they have the fax from7/10 and will be sending me instructions
    for shipment back to them. They seem to be a nice crew and interested in my satisfaction.

be the heat..