Thread: Spanish Pistols

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Spanish Pistols

I've been looking off and on for a Star PD but other than that I haven't really been interested in the Spanish 1911 style pistols from before and after WWII such as the STAR B, SUPER B, etc. Was reading some Gun Digest articles from the 60's & 70's and they were pretty positive about the pistols made by Star, Astra and Llama. I recall some of these being sold by AIM and others over the years, often in odd calibers such as 9mm Largo but often in 9x19 or 45 ACP.

Was just wondering if any of you had any experience with these and would care to post your accounts and or photos? One of my local pawn shops has one of the tube frame Astra pistols, not sure what caliber but it's one of the larger models. I kind of prefer the 1911 styles but maybe this is one I need to take a closer look at? TIA

Actually AIM has the Super B on their website now for $239.95. Wish I still had my C&R FFL.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...zine&groupid=3
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 07-13-2015 at 09:30 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

I bought a Star BM from the days of gone by.......before imports into the states....2 piece firing pin. I knew it needed a pin before I bought it.......paid next to nothing. Long story is......we had to make a pin! Real PITA! Be cautious..................
    Dan

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I have a compact Star BM, nice trigger, always feeds and functions. However it shoots very far to the left so I consider it a 10 foot firearm as I don't trust to hit a torso past that distance. Yes I tried to adjust the rear sight in the dove tail but damn if I can get it to budge in any direction.

i had a B and super B 9mm and 9 largo .

cool if you feel the need to fill that niche.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thanks for the replies. Still looking for a nice PD model but was thinking a single stack 9x19 might be fun for plinking, heck, even a truck or garage gun if the price is right.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

My brother once had a Llama .32. It was 100 reliable and externally appeared to a scaled down 1911 complete with a grip safety of all things.