Thread: Trade advice needed: Wilson X-TAC vs. Ed Brown Kobra

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Trade advice needed: Wilson X-TAC vs. Ed Brown Kobra

I've been offered a trade and I need opinions. I have an Ed Brown Kobra 5" (not the carry model) with less than a box of ammo through it. Looks new, no idiot scratch. I've been offered a Wilson X-Tac in trade, owner says practically new, less than 50 rounds, has all paperwork, etc. He's offering an even trade.

I was really looking for some cash (expensive car repair recently), but the Wilson is tempting. Maybe take the Wilson and sell something else? Could always sell the Wilson later if I'm strapped for cash, I suppose. Thoughts?
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

that would be a hard choice, do you not like the ed brown?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Frankly I had to go look up both models. YIKES is all I can say! Both are nearly $2800 bucks each for msrp. I don't have any rifles that cost that much. That said I have a feeling that functionally there isn't a dollar worth of difference between the two. It comes down to how it looks I guess. Do you want the X-Tac that is all black and nasty or the Ed Brown you currently own that is less ... dark looking?

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    that would be a hard choice, do you not like the ed brown?
    The Ed Brown is great. I was just a little tempted because a Wilson is supposed to be the top of all the semi-custom 1911s. Actually I was really surprised somebody offered a similar value pistol in trade. Every time I sell a high-end gun, I get tons of trade offers for the various striker fired polymer guns (not that there's anything wrong with them, but I don't want to trade down).
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.