Thread: Got me a new Shotgun

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Got me a new Shotgun

So the Mossberg 930 just wasn't tickling my fancy, so I had to have another pump gun. Picked up a Winchester SPX Marine defender. Small rail section on top of receiver with ghost ring sight at the rear with available space for an optic, and 3 prong front sight. Small rail section on sides of the fore end held on by mag tube nut for adding a flashlight. Matte hard chrome on inside and outside of barrel and mag tube, and unlike my Mossberg, the breachers brake is removable for using choke tubes. Now i can run slugs, or use choke tubes for bird and buckshot. Might just make this my standard go to bump in the night gun.
    *EDIT*
    Ok, found the camera, here's some pics. Just don't hit me again Schuetz!!!!

And oh how shiny that chrome bore is!!
    Last edited by Aggressive Perfector; 08-11-2015 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Edit to add pics
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

What didn't you like about the 930? Just curious.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

You forgot the photos. Now get back in here and do the post right!

Tank Monkey, it wouldn't eat low brass or any light plinking loads for one. Also, it came with a fixed breacher brake, no way to remove it for replacing with a choke tube, so if I wanted to use any sort of shot it would just scatter all to fuck. I'd have had to buy another barrel to shoot anything other than slug with any degree of accuracy. With the Winchester I can just buy and swap choke tubes.

Schuetz, as soon as I can find the camera I will add pics, I meant to say in post #1 pics coming.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    You forgot the photos. Now get back in here and do the post right!
    That was funny!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I like everything about it but the shiny barrel and mag tube. I'd probably paint it if it was mine. Congrats, it should make a good bump in the night gun thanks to the rails. You can get a light on there with those rails, nice.

I wasn't thrilled about the matte chrome barrel and mag tube either, however if it's a decently durable finish that protects the underlying steel well I won't bitch.