Thread: My new AR15 pistol!

My new AR15 pistol!

UPDATE BELOW:
    Decided to take the leap into the AR15 pistol world, and here is the result:

I'm very happy with the way it turned out. The build includes the following parts:

-Spike's Tactical upper, lower, BCG and Carbine Length Melonited Gas Tube
    -Magpul MOE K2 AR15/M16 Grip Black
    -FAXON FIREARMS Medium 12.5" 5.56/.223 Caliber 4150 CMV Steel AR Barrel
    -ALG Defense 10" Ergonomic Modular Rail (EMR) V3 M-LOK - Black
    -Seekins Precision Enhanced Bolt Catch Gen 2, Billet Magazine Release Button, and Billet Trigger Guard
    -Battle Arms Development BAD-EPS-Ti-B (Enhanced Pin Set - Titanium - BLACK IONBOND) AR15, BAD-ASS Ambi Safety Selector AR15 / AR10®
    -ODIN Works Stabilizing Brace Pistol Tube
    -A1 Flash suppressor
    -AXTS Raptor charging handle
    -Gen 1 Vortex Sparc w/Samson RAM Aimpoint T1 Base 1.53"
    -Geissele Semi-Automatic (SSA)
    -Troy Ambi mag release

The ALG Defense EMR handguard is really nice. Super easy to install, well made, and under $150 as of this writing. Some of the parts I had lying around (trigger, reddot, mag release, and flashhider). I can't wait to try it out at the range!
    Last edited by AK-J; 10-15-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

You really went all out on this one. A Geissele in an AR pistol?!

Any plans to brace it or SBR?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Looks pretty good, I am a bit surprised to see a 12.5" barrel. Given that lengthy you'd have no problem with any suppressor on it should you get one. Was going to ask if you'd shot it but see in your post you haven't yet done that. I'll be interested to read how it went when you do.

Looks good. If you do not care what was the price range? 4-6, 6-8? How heavy is it and how is the balance.
    Do you plan to use any buis's on the pistol?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

I'll probably change the trigger out if/when I build something else worthy of it, but I had it laying around from a rifle I sold (switched a standard FCG into it before selling it), and I figured why pay for something when I had the Geissele just sitting there.

I have the Sig Brace, just don't know if I'm going to put it on. I have long term plans to SBR it. Just not right now.

From the reading/youtube watching I'd done, I decided that the 12.5" would work the best for me. I know they usually have fewer problems, and they are more suppressor friendly. (I predict a suppressor around the same time I get an SBR stamp for it. )

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Looks good. If you do not care what was the price range? 4-6, 6-8? How heavy is it and how is the balance.
    Do you plan to use any buis's on the pistol?
    As pictured is about $1300, but some of the parts where things I had laying around. Also, I added high dollar parts that add cool factor points but could have been just as usable with standard parts. The whole build using standard parts could have been done in the $600-800 range. The barrel and handguard together were around $300. Add in a upper, lower, standard lower parts kit, BCG, and pistol buffer (w/ carbine buffer and spring); it could have cost as low as $700.

Yes, I plan on getting some BUIS, trying to decide on which ones to go with.

Took my pistol along with a .300BLK upper I built that I had been meaning to try out for some time shooting yesterday.

The Pistol performed nicely! I couldn't be happier with it! No malfunctions whatsoever with over 200 rounds down range (not that I expected any). Using PMC 5.56 green-tip, I was able to easily print sub 1/2" groups at 25 yards from the prone/unsupported position, and I was able to consistently ring a 12" steel plate at 100 yards both kneeling and standing with ease. It was almost boringly accurate. This thing is freaking NEAT!

I was also finally able to shoot my .300BLK upper for the first time yesterday. I just got in a 500 round case of Gemtech 147gr. FMJ recently, so I finally had ammo to shoot out of it. It, too, performed flawlessly. Put 180 rounds down range. Same accuracy as the pistol (funnily enough), but I intend to put a telescoping optic on it for hunting, so it might actually do better. I'll let y'all know how she does when I do.

Here's picture of the .300BLK uppered rifle:

Main parts of note are the Rainier Arms 16" Select 300AAC Blackout Barrel and BCMGUNFIGHTER Compensator MOD 1 - 7.62 / 300 Blackout.

Funnily enough, I bought those parts so long ago, the current prices are higher than what I originally paid.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Cool. Congratulations on the great builds!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Very nice looking rifle. Congrats!