Thread: Had a busy weekend... got my range put back together yesterday.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Wink Had a busy weekend... got my range put back together yesterday.

Saturday, I helped a friend along with another buddy to remodel his bathroom in an old house. The floor had to come out, etc. But we got it done in about 12 hours lol.

For that favor, they came over to my place yesterday and helped me put my range back together. I sold off 20 acres on one side of my land earlier this year and my range had to be moved.... Everything was moved earlier but not installed/placed. Yesterday's work involved digging post holes for the legs of my shooting deck (10'x10') and lifting the beotch onto the legs, securing them, etc. And then putting my target racks back up.

Sorry for no pics - might be able to get that done later and post.

We celebrated the reincarnation of my range by shooting and eating a big dinner and watching "Hansel & Grettle" from my vid collection (their choice). They brought the food and I cooked it (BBQ chicken and fried pork chops).

I was stiff this morning, short stepping my way to the back door to let the dogs out - felt like an old man! lol

Feel good about getting both jobs done though.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Glad to hear it's back up. How far can you shoot?
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Hey sounds great and good friends to boot!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Good to hear you have your range back.

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    I was stiff this morning, short stepping my way to the back door to let the dogs out - felt like an old man! lol. Feel good about getting both jobs done though.
    I know about the "short stepping" Been cleaning out my shop and being on that concrete for the last 3 days has my legs feeling like they're broke. I'm about 80% finished. After I get it sorted out I'm gonna weld up my swinging targets and I have some plate steel silouette targets for 200-350 yard banging that I need to hang.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

The range has a 25 yard rack of steel targets for pistol, 25 yard target board, 50 yard steel swinging "reset" targets for rifle, 100 yard target board and a 3'X3' steel plate set at 150 yards. A few other smaller targets as well = some .22 swingers, a popper and 10" steel pistol target at 50. Plenty enough to keep me entertained!

Here's a vid of the new range:

http://vid1045.photobucket.com/album...psjnhilr0o.mp4
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~